EDGE and IE11

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2017, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts
Exclamation EDGE and IE11

As of this morning I cannot login into this site using EDGE, IE11 works fine. However, I have long standing problem with a missing security token under IE11, so I was using EDGE to get around that problem, now EDGE is not working.

Anyone else having this problem? I have emailed ToTV, maybe they can fix, no changes to my system that I know of.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:51 PM
fw102807

I used to work for a software development company. There are so many different browsers and operating systems and then along came mobile devices. Writing programs that worked for all of them is a huge challenge especially since they all update regularly. Like trying to pin down jello.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
As of this morning I cannot login into this site using EDGE, IE11 works fine. However, I have long standing problem with a missing security token under IE11, so I was using EDGE to get around that problem, now EDGE is not working.

Anyone else having this problem? I have emailed ToTV, maybe they can fix, no changes to my system that I know of.
I made google my default browser and can use TOTV fine. I have never used Edge.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:28 PM

Google is working great for me. I have no idea what might be wrong with Edge. I just know that I use Google and Opera and not the MS browsers.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:46 PM
Gold member

And I can not still access the contact info for sellers on Classifieds, ugh.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:20 PM
Sage

I have had Chrome crash 3-4 times at least 2 times on my wife's PC and 2 times I think on mine. Big problems fixing this. uninstall does NOT remove all of the files, and the file causing the crash was still on the computer after an uninstall and re-install. I have avoided chrome since then. I completely understand the complications with multiple browsers. My question was to see if others were having the same problem, or if I am the lucky one......
Old 08-18-2017, 03:00 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

I am using Edge now. No problem. I also use it in the private mode.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:54 AM

A year or so ago I had a problem with the logon to TOTV. It seemed that the software was confused in that it thought I was logged in, but I could not post in the classifieds. Logging off and back in didn't seem to do anything. At any rate, I cleared all cookies and the problem went away (used Ccleaner).
Another thought: Maybe 'no changes to my system' is the problem. I bought a new PC in February, but by July IE11 was unusable - constant hangs, page recoveries, etc. I worked in computers my entire career and was unable to fix it. So, I swallowed my pride and took my PC to MMD and in one day (and $100) I had it back - good as new and all problems gone. Note that I had bought the PC from MMD less than a year earlier, so that may have affected the repair price. I don't know all that was done, but they did update Adobe Flash, Adobe Air, Silverlight, Adobe Shockwave and AdBlock Plus to the most recent versions. Hope this helps.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:01 AM
Sage

I am sure this is a setting in EDGE, I did look these over, but have not changed anything, still not working this morning. When I signin, I get the welcome VillageTinker message, and then go back to the original home screen that indicates I am not signed in, right now I am back to using IE11. I willtry clearing history, cookies.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:14 PM

I had a massive download from Microsoft a week or so ago which made my laptop basically unusable and directly effected Edge. With a system restore to a date well prior to that download I regained the use of my computer with Edge functioning just fine.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:57 PM
fw102807

Microsoft is notorious for sending out bad, inadequately tested updates. I have had no problem with Firefox other than the problems with the site itself.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:39 PM
Sage

Thank you to all who have replied, I will be looking into alternative browsers.

Tags
edge, problem, ie11, working, system

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.