Hiding Classifides

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2016, 03:14 PM
Platinum member
Default they are there again

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Maybe I'm missing something. I don't see "a hundred classifieds" on my main page. Maybe 50% of the posts are, but not hundreds, by any stretch.
I noticed a large number of personal ads selling items mixed in with my new posting search. Previously had this problem and it stopped but back again
Old 10-15-2016, 07:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
So what is it you really enjoy reading?
All of the other threads where people b$:/& about everything under the sun.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancusa View Post
Nonsense. They make plenty from advertisers. They need to replace some of their censorship time with fixing the problem time.
How much do you pay to use TOTV? It's the equivalent of using Starbucks wifi, then griping about the speed.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
I can't believe they would be dragging their feet on this with all the angst it has created.
I don't think they are purposely dragging their feet. I bet they'd love to hear an end to the complaints.
Some technical issues take time to fix and test.
It is a tad annoying to wade through classified ads, especially people who are selling stuff under $10.
But the bottom line remains -- TOTV is a free website.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:44 PM
Veteran member

I have a feeling that this is gonna to be the new normal.TOTV will keep showing classified.. it makes more sense since there is so many other options (sites) to post stuff to sell , why would you post here when most people hide the classified..?? less people see your sale item. now EVERYONE sees it.. it is just something to get used to.. not a biggie deal to me just annoying.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

There are tons of classifieds. They're not losing any $ by making it optional. The owners listened to the readers' complaints before, and made the showing of the classifieds optional. I'm sure they will do it again as soon as they figure out the fix. I hope...
Old 10-17-2016, 12:58 AM
Sage

Not the end of my world either, but it would make reading TOTV more pleasant if I didn't have to scroll through the classifieds. But if that is what it takes to continue to maintain TOTV as a free site, I guess it is what it is...
Old 10-17-2016, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
It looks like they are dealing with two major problems from that upgrade. One, the political forum is all messed up, with posts showing up on the main board and names showing up instead of "Guest". And the second is the non-functioning "Hide Classifieds" button. I guess if it were an easy fix it would have occurred by now. I can't believe they would be dragging their feet on this with all the angst it has created.
EXACTLY!

Have some patience folks...I'm sure they're working hard on fixing it.

To the TOTV Team - Maybe a sticky thread letting folks know what's happening might help?
Old 10-17-2016, 07:22 AM
Sage

It appears they have got one problem solved. I don't see any posts from the political forum on the main board anymore. Hope they're working on the Hide Classified button.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:15 AM
Administrator

We did a software update which broke some of the custom coding of this. We have been diligently working on this issue and appreciate everyone's patience.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
We did a software update which broke some of the custom coding of this. We have been diligently working on this issue and appreciate everyone's patience.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:05 PM

This entire website is antiquated. Virtually useless as compared to the state of the art. Sold a treadmill in one day through Facebook post. Several local groups represented on Facebook. Was able to check out buyer before allowing him to come to house and we communicated by messenger and never had to wasted time calling or leaving messages. This site is an amusement not a useful tool, treat it as such.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:18 PM
Default No buttons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
There may be more classifieds posted however for many, including me, we cannot post to classified as there are no 'post' buttons. Despite being logged in when on classified page it advises you must be logged in to post. I have tried from phone, iPad and computer. Any suggestions?
Old 10-18-2016, 01:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveczo View Post
This entire website is antiquated. Virtually useless as compared to the state of the art. Sold a treadmill in one day through Facebook post. Several local groups represented on Facebook. Was able to check out buyer before allowing him to come to house and we communicated by messenger and never had to wasted time calling or leaving messages. This site is an amusement not a useful tool, treat it as such.
I would ask the TOTV administrator for a full refund of what you paid to use this site. Oh wait...
Old 10-18-2016, 02:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakesmom208 View Post
There may be more classifieds posted however for many, including me, we cannot post to classified as there are no 'post' buttons. Despite being logged in when on classified page it advises you must be logged in to post. I have tried from phone, iPad and computer. Any suggestions?
You may have to log out, then back in again while on the classified page in order to post.

Tags
classifides, posts, hide, effect, advise

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.