Lost Access

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2018, 03:33 PM
Gold member
Default Lost Access

I posted a question on internet and tv service providers a few days ago. The post was removed and I haven’t been able to access TOTV until I tried on my iPhone over network today. I believe post was in good taste. Anyone know why this might be?
Old 03-20-2018, 04:20 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

There's been a problem with the CenturyLink DNS servers, you will need to point your computer to a different DNS server, it will have no impact on your browsing other than being a more reliable server. Below is from an earlier post.

Fix for the desktop browsers is to point to a different DNS server.
Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network Connections,
Right click on the adapter and click on Properties.
Select Internet Protocol Version 4,
click on Properties button,
click on Advanced button,
click on DNS tab.
Under the DNS server address window click on Add,
enter 8.8.8.8 and click on Add,
add a second DNS server 8.8.4.4.
Click OK, OK, Close.

This directs the internet connection to the Google DNS server instead of your ISP DNS server. Problem should go away.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
I posted a question on internet and tv service providers a few days ago. The post was removed and I haven’t been able to access TOTV until I tried on my iPhone over network today. I believe post was in good taste. Anyone know why this might be?
Your previous post, titled Comcast/Xfinity, is still shown in the General Discussion Forum but as a CLOSED THREAD.
I agree with you. Your post was in good taste and I can't see why the Administrator would close it.
I'm thinking it has something to do with the CenturyLiink server problem that occurred on the same day as your previous post. (Many CenturyLink customers, including me, and apparently you, were unable to access TOTV since then).
Only other thing to do is email the TOTV TEAM (talkofthevillages@gmail.com) and ask why your post was closed.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:14 PM
Gold member

Thank you for taking time to answer my post. I have both Safari and Microsoft and neither can hookup to TOTV. As you both replied it must be Century Link issue. Again thanks a lot.
Closed Thread

Tags
post, access, today, network, iphone

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.