No more Panjo

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyfriend View Post
I disliked the Panjo payment. That was crazy. I too was a HUGE fan of scrolling all the pics. At least 2+ times a day, I'd get on TOTV Classified and scrolled to see the new stuff. Those of us that use this consistently, know that if there is a great deal, it won't last a day. I do not prefer this set up by category at all. I have to go back and click on every category to see all. For those looking for a specific item, it's probably fine, but not for someone that 'shops' here.
I agree with Blessed and Bettyfriend, but I would also prefer to see everything for sale. I never saw a poll or received any emails. I much prefer the previous Panjo style classifieds, except the payment, and Paypal part of it was confusing.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyfriend View Post
I disliked the Panjo payment. That was crazy. I too was a HUGE fan of scrolling all the pics. At least 2+ times a day, I'd get on TOTV Classified and scrolled to see the new stuff. Those of us that use this consistently, know that if there is a great deal, it won't last a day. I do not prefer this set up by category at all. I have to go back and click on every category to see all. For those looking for a specific item, it's probably fine, but not for someone that 'shops' here.
I also like scrolling through the stuff for sale WITH pictures. Going back to the old setup was a bad move. Why can't they eliminate the Panjo payment or paypal and go back to the original Panjo?
Old 02-20-2015, 09:11 AM
Sage

I didn't see anything either... No email or poll.. I liked Panjo as well...

Editing to add.. there was a problem with the "buy it now" option in Panjo.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:27 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

How about a new classified tab to list all of the new items for sale items similar to the new posts tab?
Old 02-20-2015, 09:31 AM
Sage
Smile

First let me say that I also loved Panjo, but this new/old way isn't as bad as I originally thought. Just click on a category and hover your mouse over each photo and you can see a larger version of the photo. It's not Panjo but it isn't all that bad except for the slow loading pages.

I remember thread after thread of people asking the Admin to get rid of Panjo. I also remember seeing a poll as he mentioned. We got what the majority asked for. I'm sure the Admin put in a ton of work to bring this back to what you all asked for.

UPDATE:

After using the classifieds this morning for about 15 minutes I became frustrated with the categories. The reason being is the amount of time it takes to move from category to category because of slow loading pages (possibly the ads). I do not have trouble loading any other websites but this one so I'm pretty sure it is the site. Perhaps if everything was in one category at least we could scan the photos by holding our cursor over the picture and see it all before we commit to clicking. I find it very frustrating and slow this way.

Last edited by jnieman; 02-20-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:33 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

Comments sounds like a big difference of opinion---Good thing someone can make a decision---unlike Washington! Not meant to be political comment.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:33 AM
Default Posted poll in GENERAL DISCUSSION AREA INSTEAD OF CLASSIFIEDS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
All classified postings are listed below the categories. Scroll down.

We sent out emails and posted information on the poll in the The Villages general discussion area. Over 80% of the respondents wanted to go back to the old classified methods. We still want your input on the current method of listings. We are trying to please.
Are you serious.............you posted information on the VOTING poll about Classifieds but put it in THE GENERAL DISCUSSION AREA?? Since it involved Classifieds, why didn't you post it in Classifieds? That is where all of us that were using Panjo spent the majority of our time. I seldom even scan New Messages, so I wouldn't have seen your emails to vote THERE. Seems you put it in the wrong place and most Panjo users didn't see it to vote! You say 80% of people wanted to leave Panjo. 80% of HOW MANY??? It would be interesting to know just how many people actually saw your poll and voted? Will you please disclose this information.

It seems that the main gripe of most people using Panjo was on the Pay Pal issue. Once I learned to click on 'collect payment myself', everything else was simple. I don't know why Panjo refused to just dump that PayPal stuff and get rid of the confusion and just let people collect payment themselves.

Anyway.....now I am now ONE UNHAPPY CAMPER AND FEEL LIKE WE HAVE GONE BACKWARDS FROM PANJO. If we have to settle for this format, PLEASE make some sensible changes. Also, what happened to the MARKETPLACE button, so we could see our own listings with one click, and make necessary changes. How in the heck do I see my listings now????
Wrong, just wrong!!!
Old 02-20-2015, 10:40 AM

Old format needs updated, photo size is too small..updating posts is also confusing!!!
Old 02-20-2015, 11:01 AM

So with all the negative comments about the old format being used and the positive comments of Panjo, is anything going to happen? Admin????
Old 02-20-2015, 12:19 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemann8 View Post
So with all the negative comments about the old format being used and the positive comments of Panjo, is anything going to happen? Admin????
Maybe those sellers who are so unhappy and in distress over the change in format will consider doing something constructive about it and take their sales to a site like ebay or craig's list rather than bemoan and demean the efforts of our Admin to respond to the poll that was conducted?

Old 02-20-2015, 12:26 PM
Location: Village of Charlotte... 2 years... can't wait to be there more !!

I am in favour of Panjo....was surprised to see the "New"... not very friendly format for the Classified !!
My vote, if I had one, would be to return the Classified back using Panjo.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:30 PM

I never saw a posting or got an email about voting for or against Panjo. I vote to keep Panjo.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:34 PM

I never got an email.
Having things listed by category is nice, but the pictures are small.
Who decides what category a listing for sale is put?
I liked panjo and thought it was efficient.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:03 PM
Default loss of panjo

I sold and bought many items via Panjo. As a web designer in my prior career, Panjo was much more user friendly and easy to use. Please consider bringing it back.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Maybe those sellers who are so unhappy and in distress over the change in format will consider doing something constructive about it and take their sales to a site like ebay or craig's list rather than bemoan and demean the efforts of our Admin to respond to the poll that was conducted?
Why should we have to go to Craigslist or E-bay when buying and selling stuff is offered of TOTV? No disrespect intended but I am just curious why you begrudge us using Classifieds on TOTV? You don't have to see the ads.....just click on 'Hide Classifieds'.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.