Search feature not working.

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2018, 10:14 AM
Default Search feature not working.

Anyone else having trouble with the search button?
Thx
Old 01-19-2018, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I've had problems with searching on this site for at least a year. I found it will work if you just arrive on the site, but not if you've been on the site any length of time. So if you want to search, just hit your back button to the previous site and then return and it usually works. The 'advance search' will also work at times without leaving the site, just click open the search window and then hit advanced search at the bottom of the window.

Another way of searching I found that even finds old threads better was to go to google, type in talkofthevillages.com: and then your search and you'll find threads on TOTV that match even better sometimes. In fact, that way of searching is useful on any site, not just TOTV. Also if you want to find out if a site is legit or are a good shopping site, just type in the name such as kohls.com: and the write feedback reviews and you'll get sites that will let you know it is good or bad site.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Just tried it and worked fine.

Tags
search, button, thx, trouble, feature

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.