TOTV Team - Request for the new version of the forum

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2020, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts
Default TOTV Team - Request for the new version of the forum

TO: TOTV Team

While reading the new version of the forum, I read a lengthy first post in one of the threads and realized my eyes were not strained as I read. Why? Because the color of the background is a lovely shade that is not bright and harsh on the eyes.

My request is for you to change the background color of the entire pages with all the posts to the same color as the first post in each thread. Do we really need the first post in a thread to have a different color background? I honestly don't think so. In fact, this is the only forum that I frequent that has that "feature".

If the quote box remains the color it is now, there will still be plenty contrast to the background color of the rest of the page.

Thank you.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,705 Posts

I agree, on my iPad the first post appears on a soft yellow background. Very pleasant. Would it be possible to perhaps darken it slightly so the first post can stand out, and have the rest of the posts against the yellow background? The current light pinkish tan is softer but could be a little deeper for less eye strain. The colors for the other headings are great!

Last edited by Velvet; 01-27-2020 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 05:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,705 Posts

The new color background is wonderful! Pleasant and easy on the eyes with good font size and contrast on my iPad.
Old 02-03-2020, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
The new color background is wonderful! Pleasant and easy on the eyes with good font size and contrast on my iPad.
I’m on my iPhone now and I see the darker back ground. Is this the same color background if a person is not using a mobile device? If the answer is “yes”....... thanks to the TOTV Team!!!
Old 02-05-2020, 04:01 PM
Administrator

So on the new version we are trying to have post #1 slightly different. Why? Because when someone enters the site through a search and end up coming into the site say on page 3, they can see the original post/topic/question. Not everyone starts on page 1 of a thread they can also enter from a google search.

Also, as we implement the many great suggestions from the users you may have to clear your cookies and cache to see the changes ie: current color on posts/threads.

All the changes we make are for the new format on desktop, laptop, ipad and mobile.

Regards - TOTV Team
Closed Thread

Tags
color, background, forum, post, team

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.