TOTV Website Difficulties

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2016, 02:45 PM
TOTV Moderator
Default TOTV Website Difficulties

All your concerns continue to be forwarded to Admin to try to get the problems resolved. Unfortunately, since the problems do not affect all members, it is harder to isolate the cause. As an example, one member using Firefox and Windows10 has a problem with PMs, while another with Firefox and Windows10 does not. Some find the Hide Classified button works, while it does not for others. It seems political threads appear for some under New Posts and not for others.

Your patience is appreciated as we work through this. Please continue to post problems that appear as well as noting when a problem for you seems resolved. While potential solutions are tested using different platforms, there may still be some affected.

A reminder regarding Tapatalk problems. The site does not support Tapatalk. It will work, but some functions will not operate normally. TOTV has a mobile app that should resolve those problems.

Last edited by Moderator; 10-29-2016 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:18 PM
Default Hide Classified Button - IPad Pro

Hide Classified Button does not work. Access TOTV with Opera browser on iPad 9.7 Pro running IOS 9.3.

Where do I download TOTV app?

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 10-29-2016, 04:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf-Tinker View Post
Hide Classified Button does not work. Access TOTV with Opera browser on iPad 9.7 Pro running IOS 9.3.

Where do I download TOTV app?
There may be a better way but I just use Google and type in Talk Of The Villages. It works very well.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:23 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts

Political Threads continue to appear in my new posts. Iam currently using my I-phone smartphone.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

I have sent at least 3 emails, but will summarize here:
1. I cannot access (read or write) PMs, further, when in the PM area, only the first 2 items on the left column are clickable. I found if I clicked on one ove the symbols (very few were clickable), I could then type text in the message field, however the SEND button was not clickable.
2. I have no access to any but the first 2 items in the user control panel.
3. I am running Windows 10 (updated 2-3 days ago) and I have tired IE-11, Edge, and Chrome all with the same results.
4. I do NOT recall seeing the political threads.
5. If I hit the HIDE CLASSIFIED button to quickly, I get the you have to wait 30 sections error message, I need to hit the NEW posts button, and WAIT 30 seconds to HIDE the classifieds.

IMHO, I think your user database was clobbered during the recent "security" upgrade, and the result is all of the above problems, and the randomness between users.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:21 PM
Platinum member

Are you going to make "your mobile app" function like a real mobile app rather than a mini website? Thanks for considering this. Peace out...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 10-29-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:11 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts

Surely somebody can fix this. Patience is a virtue but every time you look at "new posts" about half of the Threads are political garbage it is becoming increasingly hard to be patient. This is on my I-phone 6 which is currently my only link to TOTV. Most of the political Threads are nothing but posted hate and garbage. I'm gone until there is a fix.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

I just don't open what I have no interest in reading.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I just don't open what I have no interest in reading.
Same here. I really don't know why people just can't do the same. There are a lot of posts I don't care to see, so I'm not sure if anything could be done to specifically filter posts to everyone's liking.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:00 AM

There should be a separate page for political posts. JMOO
Old 10-30-2016, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
All your concerns continue to be forwarded to Admin to try to get the problems resolved. Unfortunately, since the problems do not affect all members, it is harder to isolate the cause. As an example, one member using Firefox and Windows10 has a problem with PMs, while another with Firefox and Windows10 does not. Some find the Hide Classified button works, while it does not for others. It seems political threads appear for some under New Posts and not for others.

Your patience is appreciated as we work through this. Please continue to post problems that appear as well as noting when a problem for you seems resolved. While potential solutions are tested using different platforms, there may still be some affected.

A reminder regarding Tapatalk problems. The site does not support Tapatalk. It will work, but some functions will not operate normally. TOTV has a mobile app that should resolve those problems.

Using windows 8.1 on chrome and cannot reply or send any P.M.'s either. Also when clicking on a classified ad and I tried several there is no button to contact the seller. Also there is no button to edit your own ads. All of this while logged in.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post

Although I don't log out of the site, each time I return I have to click on new posts, then wait 30 seconds to get rid of the classifieds each time I return. Pain in the butt!
Old 10-31-2016, 07:57 AM
fw102807

Is anyone working on the classifieds section? We can no longer post and add because this button is missing.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:42 AM
Veteran member

Unable to send PM, using MacOS 10.10.5.

No luck with:

Safari 10.0.1
Google Chrome 54.0.2840.71
Firefox 3.6.26

Any idea when this will be repaired?

Thanks.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Hello All -

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. As you know we have done over the years heavy customization to the website for the maximum benefit of the users. We have had multiple issues happen at one time as we were doing security updates that broke a number of custom features. We have been working diligently to correct these issues.

Yes you must be logged into your TOTV account first in order to use the classifieds and this is for the user's protection. First thing to do is clear your cache on your browser and start fresh. If you are still having issues as of today please report them to us by clicking the contact us at the bottom of any page and we will work through any issues any user has.

Thanks again in advance.

Best Regards,
Closed Thread

Tags
firefox, problems, tapatalk, totv, windows10

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.