TOTV Website Difficulties

Closed Thread
Old 11-20-2016, 01:16 PM

[QUOTE=Moderator;1312456]All your concerns continue to be forwarded to Admin to try to get the problems resolved. Unfortunately, since the problems do not affect all members, it is harder to isolate the cause. As an example, one member using Firefox and Windows10 has a problem with PMs, while another with Firefox and Windows10 does not. Some find the Hide Classified button works, while it does not for others. It seems political threads appear for some under New Posts and not for others.

Your patience is appreciated as we work through this. Please continue to post problems that appear as well as noting when a problem for you seems resolved. While potential solutions are tested using different platforms, there may still be some affected.

Hide Classified button still does not work. Political threads appear under New Posts. Using Safari on my Mac.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:01 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Will the "New Posts" problems ever get fixed??????
Old 11-22-2016, 07:09 AM

Every time I click on "NEW POSTS". I get a blank white page. What's up with that?
Old 11-22-2016, 05:49 PM
Platinum member
Default more than one use

[QUOTE=PJOHNS2654;1323372]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
All your concerns continue to be forwarded to Admin to try to get the problems resolved. Unfortunately, since the problems do not affect all members, it is harder to isolate the cause. As an example, one member using Firefox and Windows10 has a problem with PMs, while another with Firefox and Windows10 does not. Some find the Hide Classified button works, while it does not for others. It seems political threads appear for some under New Posts and not for others.

Your patience is appreciated as we work through this. Please continue to post problems that appear as well as noting when a problem for you seems resolved. While potential solutions are tested using different platforms, there may still be some affected.

Hide Classified button still does not work. Political threads appear under New Posts. Using Safari on my Mac.
I have the problem of the classifieds showing up all the time on windows 7, 10 and also a chromebook so it isn't just one kind of browser.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Using windows 8.1 on chrome and cannot reply or send any P.M.'s either. Also when clicking on a classified ad and I tried several there is no button to contact the seller. Also there is no button to edit your own ads. All of this while logged in.
If people posting ads would just post a phone # or email address, you wouldn't have a problem with contacting them. I have been asking posters to do this for a year, and with not much success. I don't know why everyone is so afraid of posting that information. I do not have any issues from posting phone and email.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySevens View Post
If people posting ads would just post a phone # or email address, you wouldn't have a problem with contacting them. I have been asking posters to do this for a year, and with not much success. I don't know why everyone is so afraid of posting that information. I do not have any issues from posting phone and email.
I agree with you 100%. It should be mandatory to post a way to contact the seller. TOTV could take a few lessons from Craigslist!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2016, 10:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Seems everything is going backwards.....I finally got to where the political posts didn't show up. I still had to "hide classified" but they did disappear. Now both ads and polical posts are back....does anyone know what's going on? Maybe if we had the email address of the owner of the site we could give them emails so they can get frustrated too. This is getting old.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-22-2016, 11:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,009 Times in 451 Posts

I hope that this bulletin board is a free version. I'd hate to think that ToTV is having to pay vBulletin Solutions for this clunker.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:47 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

When I log on with my iPad, the list of new posts is often almost all political -- sometimes the first page or two or more look like a leaflet drop awash in a sea of classifieds.

Yes. I can scroll past. But I have noticed that there is not much to scroll for anymore. There seem to be fewer and fewer regular posts to read for fun and/or information about TV or things of general interest. (sigh)
Old 11-23-2016, 02:44 PM
Sage

When I go to New Posts, there are many, many, many ads.
When I push "hide classifieds", a popup box advises me I have to wait 30 seconds for a new search.
And it doesn't ever hide classifieds.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Using Source Pro 3, windows 10 current, Google Chrome or Firefox. Can not log into the site for probably the last three or four weeks. Need Microsoft Edge to log in.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:34 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Can not log in on my iPad without going through google
Old 11-23-2016, 10:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
When I go to New Posts, there are many, many, many ads.
When I push "hide classifieds", a popup box advises me I have to wait 30 seconds for a new search.
And it doesn't ever hide classifieds.
Even if you wait the 30 seconds, it doesn't always hide the classifieds. And now the political posts are showing up on "New Posts" (Windows 7, Firefox) whereas before they were only showing up on "Today's Posts."

So it's gotten worse.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
So it's gotten worse.
Yeah. With all due respect to the developers (I know it's not easy), it's taking waaaaaayyyy to long to fix this.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:38 PM
Veteran member

Unable to send PMs again. The problem was fixed for a while but it’s back.
Closed Thread

Tags
firefox, problems, tapatalk, totv, windows10

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.