Trouble Posting Picture to Classifieds

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2016, 09:51 PM
Tsf0316
Default Trouble Posting Picture to Classifieds

I have been trying all day and at different times to post an ad with a picture to classifieds in TOTV. I keep getting a message in a box that states: "An embedded page at classifiedstalkofthevillagescom say: Upload URL might be wrong or doesn't exist". I have posted pictures with ads before without any issue. I have a PC with Windows 10. In simple terms what do I need to do so that I can post my ad with pictures? Thanks so much.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:45 AM

Had the same problem last week. All of a sudden it worked - no help, I know, except to let you know it's not you. :-)
Old 09-30-2016, 05:09 PM
Tsf0316

It is so frustrating! I just tried again and no luck. Hopefully someone will come up with an answer for me.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:32 PM
Sage

Make sure your picture file is not too large. That may trigger the error message.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:45 PM
Tsf0316

Not a computer wiz. How would I do that?
Old 09-30-2016, 05:55 PM
Sage

It depends on what system you are using. With Windows, I think all versions have a Paint program. If you open your picture file in Paint, there should be an option to resize the picture. Try reducing the picture size by half and save it under a new name. Then try uploading that new file to TOTV. If you are using a Mac, I don't know how to do it there, but I'm sure someone else on TOTV does.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:12 PM
Tsf0316

Thanks so much I will give it a try.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:05 PM
Tsf0316

Thank you so much MIKEOD. It worked great! I really appreciate you help.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:40 AM

I have had the same problem several times using my MAC computer with respect to adding a picture. I do not like this application for I have wasted many hours of my life trying to get it to work. Another irritating thing is I sometimes do not get the two icons (green and red) that allow you to edit or post an item. I see a message that says "sign in to post a classified add" But it shows I am signed in. I also sign out and back in to no avail. I am very frustrated with this. I need help and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to go to get specific help.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to essy627

I am having the same problem...not solved yet
Old 11-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgmonaco View Post
I have had the same problem several times using my MAC computer with respect to adding a picture. I do not like this application for I have wasted many hours of my life trying to get it to work. Another irritating thing is I sometimes do not get the two icons (green and red) that allow you to edit or post an item. I see a message that says "sign in to post a classified add" But it shows I am signed in. I also sign out and back in to no avail. I am very frustrated with this. I need help and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to go to get specific help.
I have had this problem on and off for several months, the workaround that seems to work is this:
Sign out of ToTV, then go back to the site, BUT DO NOT SIGN IN, go to the classifieds, THEN SIGN-IN. You should see the Red and Green buttons.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:20 PM

I have been having the same problem and received the same message. I sent three messages to TOTV to inquire about the problem, but no response yet. Does anyone know their phone number or location?
Old 11-08-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsf0316 View Post
I have been trying all day and at different times to post an ad with a picture to classifieds in TOTV. I keep getting a message in a box that states: "An embedded page at classifiedstalkofthevillagescom say: Upload URL might be wrong or doesn't exist". I have posted pictures with ads before without any issue. I have a PC with Windows 10. In simple terms what do I need to do so that I can post my ad with pictures? Thanks so much.
I cannot even figure out how to post a classified. The tutorials will not load. Any ideas?
Closed Thread

Tags
post, pictures, picture, classifieds, issue

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.