Wawa App

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2019, 06:47 PM
Gold member
Default Wawa App

Wife was out tonight so I decided to order out. I tried to order a sandwich from Wawa. I have their app on my Iphone and a balance on card I purchased. After making my selection I hit order and it prompted me to go to settings and select always allow location services instead of only while using app that I had enabled. I’m sure most people will allow this but I think it is BS that I give them my location whenever in order to order something I’ve already paid for. Am I missing something here? I got my sandwich at Jersey Mikes instead.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
Wife was out tonight so I decided to order out. I tried to order a sandwich from Wawa. I have their app on my Iphone and a balance on card I purchased. After making my selection I hit order and it prompted me to go to settings and select always allow location services instead of only while using app that I had enabled. I’m sure most people will allow this but I think it is BS that I give them my location whenever in order to order something I’ve already paid for. Am I missing something here? I got my sandwich at Jersey Mikes instead.
Does WaWa deliver ? If not would you not have to go to pick it up ? Thus what is the savings of ordering ahead ? Is it not a fast food place ? I'm having a difficult time finding the crime here. Did the Jersey Mike's app work ?

Last edited by rustyp; 05-01-2019 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Does WaWa deliver ? If not would you not have to go to pick it up ? Thus what is the savings of ordering ahead ? Is it not a fast food place ? I'm having a difficult time finding the crime here. Did the Jersey Mike's app work ?
No Wawa doesn’t deliver, it’s just order ahead so you can pick up. I guess I’m one of those odd people who don’t like a trace put on myself to pick up something I’ve already paid for. I don’t have a JM app. Thanks for reply though
Old 05-02-2019, 05:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Depending on the time of day (WaWa gets busy around breakfast and lunch time) ordering by App saves time in the store. I use it frequently and find it to be convenient. You can either pay by the App, or wait until you get into the store and pay at the register.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
Did the app asked what time you would arrive for pickup? If not my guess of "allow location service" is for an algorithm to calculate your arrival time . This way they know the latest time to make the sandwich.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Did the app asked what time you would arrive for pickup? If not my guess of "allow location service" is for an algorithm to calculate your arrival time . This way they know the latest time to make the sandwich.
That’s exactly right. They don’t make the order as soon as you click Check Out, as you could be 10 miles away. I usually receive my Order Number when I’m a 1/2 mile or so from the store.

In addition, you have the option to allow access to your location only while using the app.

Last edited by photo1902; 05-02-2019 at 06:18 AM.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
That’s exactly right. They don’t make the order as soon as you click Check Out, as you could be 10 miles away. I usually receive my Order Number when I’m a 1/2 mile or so from the store.

In addition, you have the option to allow access to your location only while using the app.
Yes I had only when using App but it wanted all the time and wouldn't let me order without that. Not a big deal, we've posted enough about this. Thanks
Closed Thread

Tags
order, app, wawa, location, sandwich

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.