Well, that was weird. (Log In Issue)

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2020, 02:28 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts
Default Well, that was weird. (Log In Issue)

About half an hour ago, I was going to log in, but when I looked at the place for my screen name — in the top right corner (old version) another poster’s name was in my spot.

I immediately logged out, under that name.

When I tried to log in again, the screen said, “Welcome” — which is usual, of course, but the name being welcomed was yet a different poster’s name.

Now, I am logged in as myself — I hope.

Both of the other posters whose names had appeared where mine should have are perfectly nice posters who have been around here for a while. I know this was not some sort of attempt at hacking or Boomer Impersonators or anything like that — just some weird crossed wires.

Maybe there could still be a bug or two in this transition.

(I guess I probably should PM the two posters whose names got mixed up with mine, to make them aware of what happened so they can check to make sure they are not accidentally showing up as me. )
Old 02-08-2020, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

I hope the TOTV Team sees this thread so they can fix the "bug".
Old 02-08-2020, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

It is the 'Twilight Zone!'
I was someone else yesterday, another person today.
If in the old version, and not signed in, there is fun to be had posting as someone else!

Definitely a bug, or deliberate to stop us using old version?
Old 02-08-2020, 08:37 AM

Had the same problem yesterday. Wouldn't even allow me to get in. Kept saying invalid name/password. Today I clicked on the email link to read this post, and it said welcome Tommy. I immediately logged out, relogged in, and there I was. Definitely a bug in the system.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
About half an hour ago, I was going to log in, but when I looked at the place for my screen name — in the top right corner (old version) another poster’s name was in my spot.

When I tried to log in again, the screen said, “Welcome” — which is usual, of course, but the name being welcomed was yet a different poster’s name.

Both of the other posters whose names had appeared where mine should have are perfectly nice posters who have been around here for a while. I know this was not some sort of attempt at hacking or Boomer Impersonators or anything like that — just some weird crossed wires.

(I guess I probably should PM the two posters whose names got mixed up with mine, to make them aware of what happened so they can check to make sure they are not accidentally showing up as me. )
When odd things like that happen on this forum, I immediately go to settings and check for updates in security and usually there is one. I have had odd things like the cursor jumping and I always suspect a virus or a hack on here. Usually when I return to TOTV the problem is gone.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMConfused

(I guess I probably should PM the two posters whose names got mixed up with mine, to make them aware of what happened so they can check to make sure they are not accidentally showing up as me.
)
Who are you?

Old 02-09-2020, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Yesterday I was banned for sending spam from a email addy I do not have.
Today I have been banned for having two or more accounts!
Can't wait to see what I get banned for tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Yesterday I was banned for sending spam from a email addy I do not have.
Today I have been banned for having two or more accounts!
Can't wait to see what I get banned for tomorrow.
Must be something you’ve said.... so far I can’t blame any other posters for my posts.
Old 02-25-2020, 03:05 PM
Administrator

This is was all taken care of we just wanted to make sure a follow up was posted.
Closed Thread

Tags
posters, log, weird, logged, poster’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.