Kentucky Bourbon Trail

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2016, 11:02 AM
Platinum member
Default Kentucky Bourbon Trail

There does not appear to be a defined path (starting point) to explore the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. One web site suggested to start with identifying places where you wish to spend the night and then visiting distillers in that area. Does anyone have any travel experience that could identify points of interest in some logical path that could then be combined with distilleries?
Old 08-18-2016, 01:27 PM
Veteran member

Try starting in Bardstown, Ky and move out from there. Bardstown is home to five distellers Barton 1792 and Willett Distillery and Heaven Hill, Maker’s Mark and Jim Beam. Good food and many other down home attractions including "My Old Kentucky Home. Check it out.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:55 PM
Platinum member

Thanks Big Guy. Bardstown appears to be the starting point we were looking for.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:36 PM
Veteran member

The Bourbon Trail can be done in two busy days. One day in the Bardstown area and the second in the Lexington area. These places are really beautiful and if you have time, spend more than a day in each area. Louisville itself, of course, has a ton of sights to offer. The Louisville Slugger museum is fun and the Churchill Downs museum is fascinating. The downtown area is really nice. I have done this trip three times and was just at Maker's Mark to get my special Ambassador's bottle that was aging in the barrel for the last 7 years. I'm jealous. I want to go again! Have a great trip.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Our youngest lives in Louisville. The trail can take days if you do the tours. It's nice to see the big names, but the smaller ones offer unbelievable tours, pride in their bourbon, and how their skill makes bourbon great. Buffalo Trace is a great tour of the entire process, along with other distillerys that you will only find their bourbon sold in Kentucky.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Bourbon whiskey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just a little information about Bourbon whiskey.

I do not drink so this would not appeal to me all that much.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:18 PM
Veteran member

Buffalo Trace is an excellent distillery. Their bourbon is superb and their premium bourbon, Eagle Rare is outstanding. They offer an excellent tour and their company ethics toward their employees is exceptional. I highly recommend you make time to visit them. My son lived in Louisville for a number of years so I was lucky to visit that beautiful state.
Closed Thread

Tags
path, trail, kentucky, bourbon, visiting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.