Pickleball Cruise

Pickleball Cruise

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Pickleball Cruise
  #1  
Old 09-16-2019, 08:46 AM
LindaC@Cruiseplanners LindaC@Cruiseplanners is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Pickleball Cruise

HAVE SOME FUN - PICKLEBALL CRUISE WITH ENGAGEPICKLEBALL!
Sail the Caribbean seas on the Holland America Nieuw Statendam while practicing & learning pickleball from top pros! These cruises are very well orchestrated - next one is November 24, 2019! Call today for information and to book your cruise! Linda Cintron, Cruiseplanners, 210-460-9066 or Linda.Cintron@Cruiseplanners.com
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 09-16-2019, 12:45 PM
Arctic Fox's Avatar
Arctic Fox Arctic Fox is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,213
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaC@Cruiseplanners View Post
HAVE SOME FUN - PICKLEBALL CRUISE WITH ENGAGEPICKLEBALL!
Sail the Caribbean seas on the Holland America Nieuw Statendam while practicing & learning pickleball from top pros! These cruises are very well orchestrated - next one is November 24, 2019! Call today for information and to book your cruise! Linda Cintron, Cruiseplanners, 210-460-9066 or Linda.Cintron@Cruiseplanners.com
Is it a full-size court with plenty of room around it? We played on one ship and the court was undersize with less than one foot borders, and hard metal along one side.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 09-16-2019, 01:42 PM
Chi-Town's Avatar
Chi-Town Chi-Town is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,999
Thanks: 0
Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Went on a pickleball cruise with a Coach Mo Movsessian group. NCL allowed the basketball court to be converted to pickleball for early morning play. Not totally ideal but good enough. The early morning thing was a killer though.


Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-2019, 02:59 PM
LindaC@Cruiseplanners LindaC@Cruiseplanners is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Is it a full-size court with plenty of room around it? We played on one ship and the court was undersize with less than one foot borders, and hard metal along one side.
After talking to ship services, there's actually room for 2 undersized courts. That being said, I'm very good with that. Just curious, what ship did you said on that feel was unacceptable?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-2019, 03:04 PM
LindaC@Cruiseplanners LindaC@Cruiseplanners is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Went on a pickleball cruise with a Coach Mo Movsessian group. NCL allowed the basketball court to be converted to pickleball for early morning play. Not totally ideal but good enough. The early morning thing was a killer though.


Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sounds like you had a good time! EngagePickleball and I have been doing these pickleball cruises very succesfully for quite some time. We're a "well oiled" machine! We actually have 7-8 hours of exclusive court time every day. You may want to give this pickleball cruise a try!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-18-2019, 05:57 PM
dadspet dadspet is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 382
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I was recently on a Holland America cruise that had a PB court. A few comments: When the ship started to move the wind was awful. The surface was very rough so you wouldn't slip but it sure made for a different ball bounce. 1 PB court does present an issue if there are more than 4 or 8 people wanting to play, especially since there was no place to sit around the court and the standing room was in the basketball court. There was no organization for the court and I went up a few time to see what was going on and it was either To windy to play, or no one there even though it was on the schedule. On one occasion in port (which is the only time its worth a try due to wind) I actually did meet a few nice people that we became friends with on the ship but I clearly wouldn't go on a cruise to play PB. Rating wise I'd give it a F-
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-19-2019, 01:45 PM
Arctic Fox's Avatar
Arctic Fox Arctic Fox is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,213
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone of "The Villages" age to play pickleball on a moving ship. It is all too easy to injure oneself playing on terra firma. The last thing you want to do on an expensive cruise is sprain your ankle or tear your Achilles tendon.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-20-2019, 08:54 AM
LindaC@Cruiseplanners LindaC@Cruiseplanners is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
I was recently on a Holland America cruise that had a PB court. A few comments: When the ship started to move the wind was awful. The surface was very rough so you wouldn't slip but it sure made for a different ball bounce. 1 PB court does present an issue if there are more than 4 or 8 people wanting to play, especially since there was no place to sit around the court and the standing room was in the basketball court. There was no organization for the court and I went up a few time to see what was going on and it was either To windy to play, or no one there even though it was on the schedule. On one occasion in port (which is the only time its worth a try due to wind) I actually did meet a few nice people that we became friends with on the ship but I clearly wouldn't go on a cruise to play PB. Rating wise I'd give it a F-
Not all ships are conducive to pickleball. That includes Holland. It depends on the ship. The Nieuw statendam does have seating and it has a barrier that stops some of the wind. I've done my homework as I know what ships are conducive to pickleball. Organization has to do with who's conducting and orchestrating the event. That's the reason I work with EnagePickleball. We work very hard to make sure everyone has a great time and everything goes smoothly. We must be doing something right as we have repeat folks that attend the pickleball cruises. Engage also has a back up plan re: wind. Thought I'd throw that out there as we wouldn't keep doing them if we had negative testimonials. There are testimonials on my website,Linda Cintron. Also, this ship is not just one pickleball court. It's been used for two. Maybe a little under for regulation, but it works. It's up to EngagePickleball on how they're going to use the court(s). Mr. Elliott, of Engage, is extremely capable of changing things up "on a dime." The ratio is 8:1 and at times 4:1 for instruction.

Last edited by LindaC@Cruiseplanners; 09-20-2019 at 09:00 AM. Reason: More information re: response
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cruise, pickleball, call, today, orchestrated

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.