Taxi for local trips

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2018, 08:42 AM
Default Taxi for local trips

My wife has just started dialysis 3X a week. As of now there are no issues in me getting her there or back. Looking for a Taxi service as a back up. Trip 20 minutes from Summerhill.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

From a quick search on the internet, I found Leesburg and Ocala as the nearest locations for taxis. I think in general from just being out on the road, taxis are going the way of records and CD's. With so many people with smart phones, Uber and Lyft have seemed to take over the market.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Take a look at the daily sun, as I recall, there are volunteer organizations that provide transportation. I think the list usually appears on the weekend, not sure as it was something I noticed but did not pay a lot of attention to.
From previous threads, Uber and Lyft appear to be available, BUT also it appears we have a limited number of drivers. There are a few private or smaller 'taxis services' in the villages. You will need to do a search on this site, and maybe the telephone book. The Villages Transportation has a taxi service usually used to get from the bus pickup/dropoff to and from villagers houses, they MIGHT offer services to other locations.
Hope this helps.

Tags
back, taxi, service, summerhill, minutes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.