2 great travel sites

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2015, 11:30 PM
Sage
Default 2 great travel sites

have been researching a trip lately and have discovered 2 sites which might interest someone....one is Rome2Rio, which compares ways to get from one point to another, distance, modes of travel, and costs...very helpful... i think most people know about **** Vacation Rentals By Owner, but now i have also discovered Airbnb which lists rooms in private homes where the hosts rent out a room (b&b) and sometimes a whole apt for very economical prices. found lovely rooms for my best friend and myself in Milan and Genoa for far less than any hotel and the plus of meeting local people while we are at it! hope this helps someone
Old 06-21-2015, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
have been researching a trip lately and have discovered 2 sites which might interest someone....one is Rome2Rio, which compares ways to get from one point to another, distance, modes of travel, and costs...very helpful... i think most people know about **** Vacation Rentals By Owner, but now i have also discovered Airbnb which lists rooms in private homes where the hosts rent out a room (b&b) and sometimes a whole apt for very economical prices. found lovely rooms for my best friend and myself in Milan and Genoa for far less than any hotel and the plus of meeting local people while we are at it! hope this helps someone

Cha, this very nice of you to inform everyone, Airbnb is new to me I have used **** before.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:05 AM

Great info. I just tried Rome2Rio on a hotel-to-attraction search that I had previously done for an upcoming adventure in China. It was so easy and the fact the home page gives you the destination boxes right upfront without having to navigate further into the site is a time-saver. It also, gave me more info including the fare for the taxi.
I used Airbnb this year for the first time as well. When all the hotels tripled their prices for a event coming to town, we found a 2 bedroom apartment that filled our need.
Excellent sites......thanks for passing the info on.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:20 AM
Default Airbnb

I rented a wonderful room in a b&b in Sorrento, Italy. We were served a great breakfast each morning on our private balcony overlooking the Med. Lots less than a hotel.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:14 AM
Veteran member

Thanks Cha Cha Cha, Knew about airbnb but the rome2rio is new to me and a great travel site.
Closed Thread

Tags
rooms, people, sites, travel, discovered, lovely, rent, found, economical, friend, apt, room, b&b, prices, helps, hope, local, meeting, hosts, genoa, milan, hotel, ways, compares, point

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.