Which airport?

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2015, 08:22 AM
Platinum member

If you can fly Allegiant Airlines to wherever you are going, you might want to also look into Sanford. Great fare prices!
https://www.allegiantair.com/
Old 03-14-2015, 08:58 AM

Thanks for all the help! I am a driver, I like the convenience of having my car.

“Living Large in the Land of Sunshine & No Basements”

SEMPER FI
Old 03-14-2015, 12:48 PM

Check out sanford airport!!
Old 03-14-2015, 01:25 PM
Veteran member

We use allegiant to lehigh valley PA airport. just a half hour to north west jersey. Sanford is about a hour and fifteen
Old 03-14-2015, 01:46 PM
Sage

Cheapest parking at Sanford is $12 a day, at least it was last summer. No off-site parking available.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Use both. What ever deal is the best
Old 03-14-2015, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by velcro View Post
Thanks for all the help! I am a driver, I like the convenience of having my car.
Ah, old school....lol

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-14-2015, 05:11 PM
Veteran member

Long term parking is $10.00 day and very convenient. If you get a Sun Pass and set up automatic load, parking as well as all tolls are deducted. Takes me less than a hour to get to Orlando airport. I go to Wildwood on Hwy 301 and catch turnpike. Not having to stop for tolls is a great time saver.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI, Livonia, Ann Arbor, Fairbanks AK. Last stop to be TV!
Default Toll Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
Mapquest will tell you that the trip to Orlando airport is about one hour and seventeen minutes and the trip to Tampa International is about one hour and thirty-five minutes. What it doesn't tell you is that the trip to Orlando airport eats you up with tolls if you go on the Turnpike, which is the short way to go, and it is easy to get lost on the return to The Villages .

Regarding tolls, we drive into MCO (Orlando International) frequently on the turnpike (FL19) and it's about $5.50 each way using Sunpass, maybe $6 if cash. We usually use offsite parking at The Parking Spot and of course, that part adds up, but tolls are your least expense. I choose Orlando more than Tampa because, for my flights at least, it's usually lower in cost, and the construction work going to Tampa is a pain. It seems that at the rate they're going, the roads should be finished around 2026.

You can't laugh at the same things again and again, but why do you keep crying over the same things again and again
"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade"
Personally, I'll go for a Tom Collins.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
We use allegiant to lehigh valley PA airport. just a half hour to north west jersey. Sanford is about a hour and fifteen
Allegiant requires you to be more flexible, doesn't fly every day and one flight a day when it does. We switched to Orlando, more flights, more flexibility and The Villages Transportation makes it easy. In fact, we no longer pick up friends or family, they take the van. I'm a driver, but why in the world would you drive for 50 miles, let you car sit for x days in order to drive 50 miles. Control issues? lol.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-10-2015, 10:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
We switched to Orlando, more flights, more flexibility and The Villages Transportation makes it easy. In fact, we no longer pick up friends or family, they take the van.
Same here. We often have friends visit. One of the services that attracted us to The Villages was the Airport Van. It provides a 24 hour transportation service to the airport, with pick up at our house. So easy.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:05 AM
deestatham

What is a Sun Pass? And is it worth purchasing? I'm coming down to TV May 10-23 and then my husband and I are moving permanently in September. Can I purchase a Sun Pass ahead of coming down?
Old 04-11-2015, 02:08 AM

We just used "The Parking Spot" in Orlando for long-term parking. They have a shuttle which will take you to the terminal. Check their website for a coupon. We paid $6.00/day for open air parking.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
What is a Sun Pass? And is it worth purchasing? I'm coming down to TV May 10-23 and then my husband and I are moving permanently in September. Can I purchase a Sun Pass ahead of coming down?
A sun pass is an electronic device (transponder) that is adhered to your windshield. This is a simplistic explanation, but it basically acts like a prepaid credit card to pay tolls. You set up and fund an account. When the balance is at a predetermined amount, it replenishes itself from the credit card. Google surpass.com. Appears you can buy on line. Basically the same As Maryland's E-ZPASS.

Is it worth purchasing? If you use toll roads. Yes. We take toll roads to Orlando and Disney.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:20 AM
Veteran member

I'm taking the shuttle on the first of November. $35..plus $10 for taxi....fore!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.