airport transportation

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2018, 07:08 AM
Default airport transportation

What's the best priced reliable Orlando airport transportation?
Old 10-16-2018, 07:27 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Village Airport Van - Airport Shuttle/Transportation for The Villages

Use a lot.

Door to Door service.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:27 AM
Gold member

There is a big difference between the Villages Transportation and the Village Airport Van. The Villages Transportation runs on a schedule, with pickup and drop off at both Sumter Landing and Brownwood. They arrange for taxi service (at extra cost) if you need it, so it becomes door-to-door. It's not the cheapest option. The last time I used the Village Airport Van, the trip to the airport was just fine, but on the return trip I was the ninth of ten passengers to be dropped off at my home. It took one hour and ten minutes to travel from the airport to the southern entrance to The Villages, then about ninety minutes later I was dropped off at my house. It seemed to take forever. I checked with them about ten months ago to see if they still operated that way, and they said yes. For that reason I don't use them. If you decide to use them, I suggest you talk to their office first to see how they are handling drop off.

Last edited by collie1228; 10-16-2018 at 08:28 AM. Reason: addition
Old 10-16-2018, 08:45 AM

Don Ried 352 446 8986

Will pick you up at your home - $45 each way.
Punctual - keeps track of your flight arrival etc

We have been using him for years - tell him D sent you
Old 10-16-2018, 11:55 AM

That's what my wife found too, why I am hoping to avoid them.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,933 Times in 2,703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
There is a big difference between the Villages Transportation and the Village Airport Van. The Villages Transportation runs on a schedule, with pickup and drop off at both Sumter Landing and Brownwood. They arrange for taxi service (at extra cost) if you need it, so it becomes door-to-door. It's not the cheapest option. The last time I used the Village Airport Van, the trip to the airport was just fine, but on the return trip I was the ninth of ten passengers to be dropped off at my home. It took one hour and ten minutes to travel from the airport to the southern entrance to The Villages, then about ninety minutes later I was dropped off at my house. It seemed to take forever. I checked with them about ten months ago to see if they still operated that way, and they said yes. For that reason I don't use them. If you decide to use them, I suggest you talk to their office first to see how they are handling drop off.
totally agree with above post. I supposed if you live in the southern most sections of the Villages then the airport van is OK, but if you live in the northern sections be prepared to be one of the first pick-ups going to the airport and one of the last drop offs coming home. We live north of 466 and will never use them again.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

By far the BEST.
Creative Concierge | Problem Solved
Old 10-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
We did use TV Transportation until they were delayed and we missed out flight. They were 45 minutes late. We kept calling them and the reply was "just about there." If they would have told us the truth, we would have driven down and made our flight.

Luckily we do live in in the southern part of TV. The Village Airport Van picks us up at our door and we are flying down the hiway in minutes.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:16 PM
Veteran member

I live in Silver Lake in the Northernest Village. I've used the Village Airport Van dozens of times. Has never let me down. They always call you to confirm pickup time, always on time. Cost $40.00 (plus gratuity). So what if it takes a little longer for me? I wanted to leave that rush rush lifestyle behind: didn't you? Door-2-Door service. 24-hour timetable. Trips to Sanford Airport. Read a book. Write a letter. Address postcards. Clean your emails, phone. Really: retirees, get a new lease on life, and enjoy the new lifestyle!
Old 10-16-2018, 05:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

It’s not so much that it takes forever to pick up and drop off 8 other passengers. ( actually it really is.) To me it’s being squashed in with coughing, sneezing and who knows whatever other germs. It’s also about uncomfortable bouncy seats that kills my back. It’s worth the extra 5 dollars to have the car to ourselves.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:24 PM
Veteran member

I have just made a reservation with a new service called Pelican Bay Express. They are door to door and charge only $35 each way. They will pick me up on Sunday and I'll return and report on how their service went. 352-901-6356

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 10-16-2018, 06:31 PM

I assume the $45 for Don Ried is per person, correct?
Old 10-16-2018, 06:41 PM
Veteran member

Appears to be a similar service to the Village Airport Van only $5 cheaper. Since they are new you might have a shorter drive time due to less number of passenger pickup/ dropoff stops. Or it might be longer while they build up a full passenger list per vehicle. I guess it depends on how often vans leave the base and how many vehicles they have on the road at once.

Keep us posted, please.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	pelican-rides-2.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	76902  
Old 10-16-2018, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSkol View Post
Appears to be a similar service to the Village Airport Van only $5 cheaper. Since they are new you might have a shorter drive time due to less number of passenger pickup/ dropoff stops. Or it might be longer while they build up a full passenger list per vehicle. I guess it depends on how often vans leave the base and how many vehicles they have on the road at once.

Keep us posted, please.

Cost us $100 to rent a standard size car from Enterprise ( pick up at hour house), drive to Sanford Airport and drop the car off there. We’re able to stop any time/place we want to eat or shop (some nice stores in the quaint town of Sanford). The price for Pelican Bay is about the same $40/pp, plus tip but one never knows how many others will be sharing the ride. So, in our opinion......renting a car is the only way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2018, 06:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,009 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacoast1 View Post
Cost us $100 to rent a standard size car from Enterprise ( pick up at hour house), drive to Sanford Airport and drop the car off there. We’re able to stop any time/place we want to eat or shop (some nice stores in the quaint town of Sanford). The price for Pelican Bay is about the same $40/pp, plus tip but one never knows how many others will be sharing the ride. So, in our opinion......renting a car is the only way to go.
How does it work coming back from Sanford Airport?
Closed Thread

Tags
airport, transportation, reliable, orlando, priced

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.