Alaska land tours

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2022, 08:43 AM

Holland America
Old 11-11-2022, 08:50 AM

Princess has Alaska pretty much locked up. They own the coaches, the rail cars, etc. in a summer where staffing shortages may still be prevalent I would highly recommend going with them. We did a 4- day post cruise land tour to Denali and Fairbanks and enjoyed it very much. Not too much coach time and lots of diversions. Then we did some other stuff on our own following to Kenai Fjords, Katmai, Gates of the Arctic and Lake Clark. Alaska is amazing and no matter how long you go for it’s never enough time. Yes, book now if you can still get a spot in 2023.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:04 AM

John Hall's Alaska is the best for the money. All top notch.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:13 AM

Princess for sure. Land first, then cruise north to south glaciers. They have the best lodges and trains. We stayed 5 nights in Fairbanks, then took a train to Denali for a couple of nights, then took a train south for a week long cruise. They also have great excursions.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:22 AM
Veteran member

Check with AAA in the Villages. They have all the info and take care of everything.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:30 AM

I'd be glad to help you. I'm a Travel Advisor with over 45 years experience and an Independent Contractor now in The Villages-Monarch Grove. I can give you many, many options, depending on the level of what and how you want to experience Alaska. You can reach me at laraine@odysseytravel.com.
Old 11-11-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
Back in 2014, we booked the Princess Land/Ocean tour from one of the travel agents in The Villages and it was fantastic. We flew into Fairbanks, had organized tours in the area, traveled by bus to the DENALI PRINCESS WILDERNESS LODGE where they had tours into the park to see the mountain and wildlife, traveled by train to the McKINLEY PRINCESS LODGE at Talkeetna, and then by train to the port at Whittier where we boarded the ship that went down the inside passage to Vancouver. We've talked to several people who have taken just the ship and know that they have missed out on a large part of the Alaska experience. And we were glad we stayed at both of the Princess lodges because of their proximity to "THE" mountain. So by all means, talk to one of the travel agents and book a land/sea trip. You won't regret it.
We did the same cruise in August the year before Covid. Absolutely loved it. I recommend that everyone take the land as well as the cruise. The train was wonderful the Wilderness Lodge was great. The Naturalist who did presentations over the speaker was very good. Can't say enough about this trip.
Old 11-11-2022, 10:42 AM

John Hall’s Kiss Alaska. We did the National Parks tour. 7 days sea and 12 days land. They are top notch.
Old 11-11-2022, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cccravens View Post
We are thinking about visiting Alaska for a land tour this coming summer. Anyone have any suggestions of who to go with?
We went with Princess cruises; their land/sea; one week of each. Very good. Whoever you go with be SURE to do the land first, so you can recover and relax on the ship afterwards.
Old 11-11-2022, 01:37 PM
Default Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cccravens View Post
We are thinking about visiting Alaska for a land tour this coming summer. Anyone have any suggestions of who to go with?
If u have a RV go with Fantasy R V Tours They r the BEST
You can rent an RV
We went on the ( 62 day Your Way )
Got to see All the good places, cruising is Not the way to go as u r only there for a few days , Not long enough to see it all. Ports on a cruise ship r all beautiful, however you r not in port long enough to c the entire Islands.
You Need lots of time in Alaska as you will probably not go back again, because of the distance, and cost
If u want more info let me know, and I will help you .
There are places that you must see , and things that you must do . Fantacy will show you all of them.
If u want info from me , go on Face Book , that way I can personally message you , for more info. A BEAUTIFUL Place to visit you will not be sorry you went 🚎 🐻. 🇱🇷
Old 11-11-2022, 01:37 PM
Default Alaska trip

Back in 2018 we rented small class c motorhome in Anchorage from Cruise America , We stayed for 3 weeks,It was the most layed back time we have ever had on vacation .It cost us one third what a land & cruise would have cost.
Old 11-11-2022, 01:54 PM
Default Alaska

I just wrote a lengthy message to u and it wouldn’t post
Contact me through face book and I can give you more info than anyone has thus far.
Do Not take a cruise, u don’t c anything, it is Only ports and a little other
I was there for 62 days and can advise u of All the places to go and things to c
Old 11-11-2022, 03:05 PM
Default John hall tours

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce64 View Post
John Hall's Alaska is the best for the money. All top notch.
Do you have a travel agent that you use for John hall? Thanks
Old 11-11-2022, 04:35 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmkhut View Post
John Hall's Alaska tours are great!
We have done two land tours with his company and experienced first class service from the first phone call to the company to the end of each trip.
Small groups, very comfortable coaches, travel to places the bigger groups can't always visit, excellent meals and accomodations.
Great!! Thank you we are very interested in his tour; have attended the presentation
Old 11-11-2022, 06:12 PM

We have been on two Alaska cruises and you do not get to see Alaska. If we go gain it will NOT on a cruise. If you want to see Alaska find another way.
Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, land, suggestions, summer, coming

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.