Anniversary Cruise... Help

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2019, 04:17 PM
Veteran member

don't forget Hoywire.com for hotels
Old 03-26-2019, 06:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,417 Times in 5,108 Posts

I never wanted to go to Paris, but, after reading this thread, I never, never, never want to go. I think your best option is to book a cruise that stops in Paris, not a hotel, and don't use public transportation. Let the cruise people guide you.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Would Add

I would add that it is sad to be in Paris and seeing some tourists standing on a corner and trying to decide what to do next. You should be very familiar with the city, distant's between sites and, restaurants, etc etc. best means of transportation to travel between each etc. A good source are the books in Barnes and Noble's, the internet etc. A good start is a city map of Paris and circle all the sites you want to visit and the distance between each. That will let you know if you can walk the distance vs knowing best means of transportation. Almost all speak English or it is easy to communicate. As regarding security. Treat Paris like any other city you would visit, (e.g.NY, LA, Miami, etc.) Although European cities are more prone to non violent crime like pick pockets than in US and have less violent crimes. Just some follow ups.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default Paris is a great city

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I never wanted to go to Paris, but, after reading this thread, I never, never, never want to go. I think your best option is to book a cruise that stops in Paris, not a hotel, and don't use public transportation. Let the cruise people guide you.
Too bad retired guy. It's a great city. But if you dont like art, phenomenal food, European culture and history, it's probably not for you.
Closed Thread

Tags
anniversary, hard, appreciated, greatly, dream

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.