Anyone impacted by the Flight cancellations etc etc?

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2021, 04:25 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default Anyone impacted by the Flight cancellations etc etc?

Omicron variant causes Christmas flight cancellations and holiday travel headaches
Delta and United Airlines are both blaming some cancellations on issues stemming from the omicron variant.

Travelers are having a rough Christmas Eve at the airport due in part to the coronavirus omicron variant.
According to Flight Aware, United Airlines has canceled 185 flights scheduled for Friday, about 9% of its planned schedule, and about 123 that were slated for Saturday.
United Airlines isn't the only airline feeling the impact of the omicron variant, as Delta Air Lines is also blaming the omicron variant for some flight cancellations.
According to Flight Aware, Delta Air Lines has canceled 165 flights on Friday, and 164 for Saturday.
JetBlue is also having issues, with 72 Christmas Eve flights canceled, or 7% of its scheduled flights.

Must be horrible for all those impacted, waiting for cancelled flight rebooking and waiting for family to arrive from air travel.

We are not affected. phew.

Latest World & National News & Headlines - USATODAY.com
Old 12-24-2021, 04:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Two weeks ago, my AA international, connecting flight in Miami was delayed over 13 hours. I suspect that they didn't have a crew.
Old 12-24-2021, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Unfortunately airlines believe in Why tell the Truth when a perfectly good lie will suffice
Old 12-24-2021, 05:44 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

My grandkids are flying south from Idaho on Boxing Day so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-24-2021, 06:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

I can’t even imagine flying around either Thanksgiving or Christmas anymore. What a nightmare!
Old 12-24-2021, 06:39 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Relatives on Delta shafted tomorrow
Old 12-24-2021, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

All of our family traveled on Monday. We all traveled for a living. Never took chances during winter for a flight day before holidays. Been SNOWED in too many times. Couldn’t blame bad weather, for canceled flights, all prior to any Covid issues.
Old 12-24-2021, 07:41 PM
Veteran member

We got to Hawaii Wednesday no problem. Hoping flights late next week are all cancelled so we can’t get home.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 12-24-2021, 08:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
We got to Hawaii Wednesday no problem. Hoping flights late next week are all cancelled so we can’t get home. ������
That would just be terrible, wouldn’t it?
Old 12-24-2021, 09:37 PM
Gold member

nope
Old 12-25-2021, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Omicron.....the latest go to excuse for everything!
Old 12-25-2021, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post

Omicron variant causes Christmas flight cancellations and holiday travel headaches
Delta and United Airlines are both blaming some cancellations on issues stemming from the omicron variant.

Travelers are having a rough Christmas Eve at the airport due in part to the coronavirus omicron variant.
According to Flight Aware, United Airlines has canceled 185 flights scheduled for Friday, about 9% of its planned schedule, and about 123 that were slated for Saturday.
United Airlines isn't the only airline feeling the impact of the omicron variant, as Delta Air Lines is also blaming the omicron variant for some flight cancellations.
According to Flight Aware, Delta Air Lines has canceled 165 flights on Friday, and 164 for Saturday.
JetBlue is also having issues, with 72 Christmas Eve flights canceled, or 7% of its scheduled flights.

Must be horrible for all those impacted, waiting for cancelled flight rebooking and waiting for family to arrive from air travel.

We are not affected. phew.

Latest World & National News & Headlines - USATODAY.com
Thank you for bringing this up.......I have a flight in one week to come down to my home in the villages and honestly I'm very concerned. I've been very lucky not getting covid so far, 3 shots in my arm.. my concern is will I step on that plane and expose myself, like all these workers.. will I get to TV and everything closes down.. are the squares open? I guess I'm saying if I get there and basically have to stay in the house all the time, I might as well stay up north.
Ps....I am not paranoid, but have a few issues that I need to be cautious.
Old 12-25-2021, 10:12 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
Thank you for bringing this up.......I have a flight in one week to come down to my home in the villages and honestly I'm very concerned. I've been very lucky not getting covid so far, 3 shots in my arm.. my concern is will I step on that plane and expose myself, like all these workers.. will I get to TV and everything closes down.. are the squares open? I guess I'm saying if I get there and basically have to stay in the house all the time, I might as well stay up north.
They really try to mitigate risks of transmission on a plane. I think it's worth the risk to be here in TV. And it is Florida so I wouldn't be too concerned about lockdowns of any kind. You have to impose them on yourself if you're paranoid, otherwise stay outside in public places and enjoy!
Old 12-25-2021, 10:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You’ve had your shots, wear a mask, and I would think you’d be ok on the flight. Far as I know, everything is open! In crowds or indoors, I wear a mask and so far so good!
Old 12-25-2021, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
Most things are open including the various clubs.
Closed Thread

Tags
flight, omicron, variant, cancellations, flights

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.