Best driving route to Miami on a Sunday

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2020, 08:33 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,298 Times in 536 Posts

Turnpike all the way - any day including Sunday. Safe travels.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Take the Turnpike !!!!

we had a second home in Ft Lauderdale and a primary home in Massachusetts from '95 to 2017. We'd drive a car down in the fall, leave it and drive it north in the spring...always got onto the FL turnpike in Ft Pierce when going south

We are quite familiar with I-95. It's a dangerous road...way too many nuts that suddenly want to cross over 3 or 4 lanes because they just woke up and realized their exit is next...

every year we'd travel down to the Keys from our home in Ft Lauderdale...we always would take the turnpike regardless if it was a weekday or a Sunday
Old 03-09-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasetti82 View Post
I took HWY 27 last time.Took six hours to Palmetto Bay,but if your not in a big hurry it's a lot less Stress.There's plenty of places to stop for a snack or restroom.I came back on I75 just to see how that would be.Not a good idea.Worse than Turnpike and longer distance.I've been stuck in backups too many times on the Turnpike.An extra 1 1/2 Hrs doesn"t bother me,and if there's an accident on TPK in may take longer.
I agree. I only take US 27 when I travel to Miami to visit family. Even take a side trip to the singing tower (Bok) on occasion. There is a 50's style diner I stop at in Sebring also.
Closed Thread

Tags
pierce, fort, switch, half, toll

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.