Beware port canaveral cruise parking overcharge

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2020, 09:36 AM

Week long cruises are based on the number of nights (just like hotels/resorts). It's a 7 NIGHT cruise. That means 8 days. The day you arrive/check in and the day you leave/check out may be partial days but each count as a day. No brainer. The actual number of hours mean nothing in the travel/vacation industry. There is nothing to fight. Accept and move on. Peace.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 02-21-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrichard View Post
BEWARE PORT CANAVERAL CRUISE PARKING OVERCHARGE! If you park at one of the Canaveral Port Authority facilities, you will be charged for one more day of parking and not just the 4, 5, 7, 10, or 14 days your car was parked there while you cruised. In other words, IGNORE their $17/day advertised rate because they automatically add another day and raise your total cost. In our case, we took a 7-day cruise, my parking receipt shows our car was actually parked there for 6 days and 23 hours, but we were charged for EIGHT days for a total of $136. When we challenged that with the Port Authority, we were told their website states that you will be charged for the first and last day of your cruise and that they "ignore" what the parking receipt says. And our cruise line (NCL)-- and I suspect all the cruise lines that use Port Canaveral-- essentially contributes to this ripoff by advertising their parking rate as $17/day. Of course, we complained to both the Port Authority and NCL-- but that was a waste of time. SO, BEWARE ALL YOU PORT CANAVERAL CRUISERS: YOU WILL BE CHARGED AN EXTRA DAY IF YOU PARK THERE!
Just an FYI even the off site parking facilities outside of Port Canaveral also charge for the first and last day of your cruise, but at a lesser rate.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
So you can afford to pay for a seven day cruise but balk at paying an additional $17 parking charge (which is on the parking facility web site)? Give me a break...the convenience is worth that much. Here is a real money saver...just stay home and watch Love Boat reruns.
WOW! Angry response. I was just trying to help other neighbors with my "warning" post because I have NEVER parked anywhere with a service that had a "park for 7 days, but pay for 8 days" policy. And I never implied I couldn't afford it.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:45 PM

it's 8 days of parking, not 7. The airports do the same as well as other cruise ports...
Old 03-10-2020, 01:58 PM
Exclamation Port Canaveral Cruise Parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaligirl View Post
it's 8 days of parking, not 7. The airports do the same as well as other cruise ports...
NO, my car was parked there for 6 days and 23 hours and my receipt shows that. In what world is that 8 days of parking? And I have NEVER had that kind of parking policy in ANY airport.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.