booked Maine now what??

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Sage
Default booked Maine now what??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
OK thanks. Sounds great!
hula - if you wish to succeed in Understanding and Speaking to people in Maine I have a couple of suggestions. First, any word ending in "ER" is pronounced as though it end in "AH". So, it's not lobstER, it's lobstAH. Second, if a word ends in an "a" it should be pronounced as though it ends in"er.". Thus tunA becomes tunER...and visa versa.

Also directions are normally given by landmarks. I always knew the way to my grandmothers because it was the street after the gas station just before you got to the hardware store on the left. Of course there were several miles between these places.

Maine is a wonderful place to explore. Where else can you visit China, Poland, Norway, and Paris in the same afternoon. Have fun.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Gold member

I can't wait! Am so excited!
Old 05-09-2015, 07:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
OK after a massive search I found the only way to get to Maine non stop was to book Sanford airport to Bangor which we just did. Now how far are we from bar harbor? Will have to get working on a itinerary am excited we are going to see coastal Maine for our anniversary! Where should we stay first night or two?
Would this not have been a great motorhome trip?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.