Class B RVs in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2021, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
Sure buy an RV and leave it in your driveway! It may compliment your house, and your 4 inch thick concrete driveway will show its appreciation by cracking a smile. Neighbors always enjoy peeking out their front window and hope that you took that trip across the country you were talking about. Your wife really prefers camping rather than going on a Viking River Cruise, or spending a day in Barcelona shopping and seeing the sights. Years from now you can visit your RV camper parked in the backlot of some storage place and look forward to changing out the sticky pads with the dead mice on them..always good to drive a mult-ton vehicle when we get older...
That was a good, realistic post!
Old 05-03-2021, 05:22 PM
Sage

Enjoy Astoria, Or. I wish that I could be there this summer.
Old 05-03-2021, 05:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseycasebeer View Post
Over the past 35+ years I’ve owned every category of RV except a “Class B.” Loved them all, although each had it’s advantages/disadvantages. In January (2021) I found and purchased a 2006 RoadTrek 19 with 82K miles. The Chevy 3500 frame seems ‘stout and well cared-for. So far, I’ve only taken it on a short trip to Pensacola, but it seems fine (although small). I’m planning a longer trip to Denver & Astoria (OR) this summer; will know more then! I always thought about building-out a regular van (‘ala “Nomadland...”) but, being honest, my carpentry skills suck and I found it easier to just buy the RoadTrek. Although it will fit on my Villa driveway, I usually keep it in dry storage behind the woodshop off Rolling Acres Rd. (two days ago I counted seven Class B’s being stored there).

As for your idea of using it as a second daily driver ... Hmmm. That might work, but frankly I don’t think it would be particularly convenient. You see Lot’s of van’s being used by commercial folks in TV, do I suppose it’s doable.

Class B’s seem to be quite popular, and owner’s USE them! It’s not uncommon to see them on the used market with 80-100K miles. One thing I’ve noticed is Class B’s seem to be fairly “complex.” You have virtually all the systems (electrical, plumbing, a/c, etc) all crammed into a much smaller space, and it does get busy! In my estimation, a carefully built-out Chevy Express van might actually be simpler - but not as comfortable/fancy. Ask me again when I get back to TV (in about SEP).

Shopping for a Class B will be educational. Take your time; learn everything you can beforehand. Believe it or not there is actually a Facebook page for Chevy RoadTreks! It’s quite active, and owners seem to LOVE their RoadTrek’s!

Please feel free to call me anytime (602-418-8267). Also, I’d like to meet other RoadTrekker’s and compare notes!

Best ....
Enjoy Astoria, Or. and its natural A/C.
Closed Thread

Tags
small, wheel, platform, villages, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.