Consider a small boat cruise in Alaska!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 12-04-2018, 03:26 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Location: Prince William Sound, an hour south of Anchorage, Alaska
Smile Consider a small boat cruise in Alaska!

Visit DiscoveryVoyages.com to learn more about small boat cruising inside spectacular Prince William Sound, located about an hour south of Anchorage. How did we find Talk of the Villages? One of your own voyaged with us in 2017! We take a maximum of 12 guests out into the Sound for 3 and up to 6 days of hiking, kayaking, glaciers, wildlife viewing, and fabulous dining. Our Classic Voyages are geared for the 65+ crowd. You do NOT need to be an experienced hiker or kayaker to enjoy our off-boat activities!
More information? Visit the website, check out our page on Talk of the Villages, or send an email to info@discoveryvoyages.com - Meg

Read some recent Trip Advisor reviews:
rksmith007
Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed July 21, 2018
Discovering Prince William Sound on Discovery Voyages
We had a fantastic 9-day trip to Alaska but without question the highlight was our 3-day Voyage in Prince William Sound with Captain Dean and the delightful crew of the Discovery Voyages.

* If you don't want to watch and hear the thunderous sound of a glacier calving a 5-story tall iceberg into the sea, then this trip is not for you
* If you wouldn't enjoy exploring the emerald waters of Prince William Sound with humpbacks, sea otters, harbor seals, sea lions, puffins, dall porpoises, bald eagles, black bear and more, then this trip is not for you
* If you wouldn't like to witness nature’s intersection of the sea and snow-capped mountains manifested in the narrow, deep Alaskan fjords, then this trip is not for you
* If you wouldn't find it exhilarating to kayak next to a massive waterfall or though the icebergs at the mouth of a tidal glacier, this trip is not for you
* If you don't want to hike through the beautiful flora to a hidden waterfall surrounded by snow-covered mountains, beautiful forest and glaciers in every direction, then this trip is not for you
* If you wouldn't like the challenge of jumping off the roof of the Discovery into the chilly glacial waters of PWS, then this trip is not for you
* And if you don't like being treated like royalty by your crew, learning about the geology, marine and wildlife of PWS, and eating gourmet meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, then you definitely won't enjoy this trip

Truly an amazing adventure that we will remember fondly for the rest of our lives. If you can only do 1 thing while you're in Alaska, this should be it!

Thanks Captain Dean, Meg, Heather and Tori for your kindness, hospitality and knowledge and making our voyage the adventure of a lifetime! Our only regret is that we didn't book one of your longer trips!

Bill A
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2018
Worth every cent!
I was a little apprehensive when my wife told me we were going on a three-day cruise during our trip to Alaska. It seemed awfully pricey. But what in Alaska isn't price for the three or four month window that the state has for tourists. It turned out to be the best experience we've had in our fourth trip up there. First there was a crew. Owner and captain Dean Rand is in his 60's but acts like he's in his 30's. He was a great source of i formation from start to finish. His wife Meghan did the cooking and she should be working at a 5 star restaurant. Every meal from breakfast to dinner was first class. And the crew, including his daughter, was first class leading the five families and two enthusiastic young daughters on three hikes and two kayak cruises. Unfortunately for me, I injured my knee going from plane to plane at LAX and was forced out of hiking and kayaking. Still enjoyed the cruise taking pictures of whales, sea lions, sea otters, porpoise, puffins and eagles, enjoyed the company, enjoyed the scenery and took many, many pictures. This was our fourth trip to Alaska and we're already planning on our next trip and at the top of our lists of things to do is another cruise on the Discovery. Ask Bill A about Prince William Sound
Discovery Voyages Multi-day Cruise is the Best!
Review of Prince William Sound Reviewed July 10, 2017
My wife and I just returned from a wonderful 4 day - 3 night photography cruise on the M/V Discovery in Prince William Sound. We had many wonderful experiences, from hiking ashore to kayaking, to watching glaciers calve, to seeing and photographing much wildlife, as well as enjoying some real gourmet meals on board. Captain Dean, his wife Megan, and crew Maddie were absolutely the best, both in terms of service and enjoyable company. This 65 foot yacht holds 12 comfortably (although the cabins are a bit tight), and has two shared baths with showers, which we had no problem with. We especially enjoyed being off the beaten path of the day tour boats and cruise ships, and we were always anchored for the night in a beautiful location where we were the only vessel in sight. We hope to get to return again someday!
Attached Thumbnails
boat-jpg   11153-jpg   back-deck-jpg   20180531_104737-jpg   20180531_114111-jpg  

info@discoveryvoyages.com
http://www.discoveryvoyages.com

Old 12-04-2018, 04:53 PM

... this all looks and sounds like what is outside my back door .... OOps! it is!

Tom (still living in Alaska)

PS - I agree, small boats are the way to go. It is COMPLETELY different from the canned "Princess Cruises" which are too big and too far removed from the water / wildlife. PWS is 1 hour (by air) from Anchorage.

I am glad your group enjoyed this small, picturesque part of Alaska.
Sponsored Links

Tags
trip, sound, cruise, prince, william