cruise ?

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2015, 08:05 AM
Sage

Maybe the guy charging fifteen bucks was just another passenger getting a little extra drinking money? Drinks ain't cheap on those ships.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:47 AM
Gold member

No he was legit. He was dressed appropriately and had a booth set up for towels etc
Old 04-22-2015, 12:08 PM
Veteran member

Holland America has a wraparound deck with deck chairs. Just have to fing a vacant chair.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:57 PM
Gold member

Post was asking where to find comfortable lounge chairs to lie back, read and relax for extended period of time to read overlooking the water of course?
Old 04-24-2015, 07:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian View Post
Holland America has a wraparound deck with deck chairs. Just have to fing a vacant chair.
We love Holland America. They have smaller ships and an older clientele. Very quiet ships with many quiet areas all over the ship. We just cruised South America on the Zaandam and I read three long non fiction books. The deck chairs on the Promenade deck were perfect for quiet reading. I like being outside when reading on the ship as I like the fresh air and watching the beautiful ocean. We had no problem finding a deck chair on this cruise.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:33 PM
Gold member

were they lounge chairs ?
Old 04-24-2015, 08:20 PM
Default RCCL Vision Class

On the Vision class if you go through the exercise room there is an area with chaise lounges - only noise other than ship noise is folks talking, keep your fingers crossed a group of chatty friends haven't found the area.

you can also get to this area by steps down from Deck 10, only remember steps on port side

don't care for the solarium - prefer open area

The Viking Crown Lounge had a sign stating "Quiet Area 2 -4". Not much but it was something, although this is an inside area.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
were they lounge chairs ?
They were the low chairs made out of teak that have been on the decks of cruise ships for over 100 years. I guess in today's language you could call them lounge chairs.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:33 PM
Gold member

Lounge chair I describe as a chair you can lie on, put your head back and feet up. Are they gone on the promenade decks?
Old 05-14-2015, 09:18 PM

Most Holland ships on the Vista class have many quiet areas to read/ sit with either cushy chairs, deck chairs or chaise type. The library and bow have cushy seating( warning ! people often fall asleep while reading here) The spa area has chaise lounges and can be found only if persistent in looking.Upper Veranda and promenade decks outside have quiet spots near the sports , ( basketball) area which are hardly ever used.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:39 PM

Are you and your husband thinking of going on the new Norwegian ship, the Escape? I have had a few casual conversations with him. If I understood him correctly, he mentioned you have done around 50 cruises
Old 06-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Platinum member

I am very prone to sea sickness and am taking my son on a cruise in December. I booked a mid ship interior room lower floor to help with the motion of the boat. Any other advice? Really could use it! Thanks...
Old 06-04-2015, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
I am very prone to sea sickness and am taking my son on a cruise in December. I booked a mid ship interior room lower floor to help with the motion of the boat. Any other advice? Really could use it! Thanks...
The first couple of cruises I would be seasick by dinner of either first or second day. Then I started Dramamine the day before a cruise and that works for me.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:46 PM

Dramamine made me sleepy. I got those Sea Bands at the pharmacy and didn't have a problem at all for the first few days. Then I got my sea legs and could take them off. They worked really well.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Transderm Scop Patch (prescription) works best for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9z4TdnZrz0
Suffering from TV envy
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.