Cruising

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool Starting a Cruise club....

I'm not sure, but I believe you just have to have a minimum of 10 interested members and you will be provided a room at one of the rec centers to hold monthly meetings. I am not in TV until next week, but I'm sure someone at the rec centers knows how it works.

We've only been on a couple cruises, but we loved it. We intend to do more cruising, once we get to TV later this year. Therefore, I would be very interested in joining a cruise club.

Interesting note.... I saw another post where someone left [or is leaving] from South Hampton. The Titanic made a stop there too... Anyway, I was in Belfast, Ireland a couple weeks ago and one of their claims to fame is that the Titanic was built at the shipyard there. They have a t-shirt that says, "The Titanic was built in Belfast" on the front and on the back it says "It was good when it left here!" They also have a Titanic museum there ...
Old 09-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
Try this. I used them from Naples to Miami and they were very good.

http://www.connect2cruise.com/rates.php

I drive down, it is a pretty easy drive.
Thank you for your help, they have a pick-up at the Mc Donald's on 441. TOTV solves another problem / request.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
Count me in for a Cruise Club. We leave in Dec for a 2 week cruise on Holland America out of Tampa.

Also leave for a one week on the Royal Caribbean Radiance in Oct.

Anyone else on the Cruise Critic Boards?
We been Cruise Critic members for a few years. We're skip2mysue there also. We leave tomorrow from Bayonne, NJ, 1 hour from our home for a 9 day to Canada and New England on the RCCL Explorer of the Seas. We've been on the EOS a couple of times and love the ship and no flying to get there part.
Skip 2

Last edited by Skip2MySue; 09-15-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Platinum member

I'll join a cruisers club. I do at least two each year, usually ten nights each.

There are, however, a number of travel clubs in TV, whose members are probably mostly cruisers. There's also a 'club' which meets 3d Friday 6:15pm at Chatham (next 10/16) but it is a little too much sales talk for my taste, even tho' I usually do go.

SWR
Old 09-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Gold member
Smile Thinking back

A couple of years ago we did a Panama Canal cruise on the RCCL Jewel of the Seas out of Miami and there was a large group of Villager's on board. I would estimate there were 40+ and they ate in their own section in the dining room and all had special hats made to ID the group.
Anybody from that cruise out there?
Skip 2
Old 09-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Default Cruisin

We have done several cruises. Disney was expensive but a great experience. Royal is our favorite line but the Celebrity Alaska cruise was one of our favorite cruises. Our home in Buttonwood will be complete Oct 14 and we hope to become frogs sometime next year. We'd be up for a cruise club.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Veteran member

Leaving on a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale. Last time we went we stayed at a hotel for the night and left the car there. This time we may leave the same day as the cruise. Has anyone got a place that they leave the car for the length of the cruise?
Old 09-17-2010, 09:28 PM

We would love to join a cruise club-we have done a couple of 14 night cruises, including one going through the Panama Canal from Port Canaveral to LA. I fractured/dislocated my wrist in Acapulco which was quite an experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We stayed on the cruise(this happened about half way through), but should have come home-had to have surgery on wrist. In spite of that we love cruising. We did 1 when we were much younger that was Carnival, but all the others were Disney. Truely wonderful experiences and NEVER bothered by the kids-they had their own area, and rarely came out of them. Plenty of adult only areas!!!!! Vicki
Old 09-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Platinum member

Floridagal:

If you use Cruise Connection (from McDonald's across US441 from Wal-mart), the convenience is hampered by not being able to leave your car for more than a few hours. Try to find an early-rising neighbor (you should be there not later than 6:15 am) who'll take you there, then come back days later to pick you up!

Or, find someone who'll come along later in the day and pick up your car, then bring it back mid-afternoon of your return day. That's what I do; my brother and nephew usually do this for me! It does work!

If you do drive to Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades), there are parking garages there (one near Holland America's usual departure point, one near Princess'), but they're something like $15 per day now.

SWR
Old 09-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool Cruise Club

Hello all you cruisers! I am in TV this week and stopped by the seabreeze rec center to find out how to start a club. It is really very simple and free. Someone needs to be the contact and they prefer a secondary contact too. You complete an application for the specific club you want to start and submit it for approval. Once the club is approved, it runs on the front page of the rec center news for 2 weeks, to attract prospective members. Whoever is the contact, must log every telephone call of the inquiries. Finally, you need a minimum of 12 members to start the club and receive a meeting room at one of the rec centers. Seems you can pretty much decide your meeting schedule; monthly to even weekly. They will provide the room for whatever schedule decided.

I would love to chair this club, but I will not be full-time until after the first of the year. If someone else would like to chair and get it started earlier, I would be happy to co-chair.

If anyone is interested in be in the chair or co-chair, just shoot me a PM

Cheers!
Mike
Old 09-24-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Hi there, we just booked a cruise from Miami. Anyone have transportation to the port of Miami?
Not Miami, but we are going on a New Years Cruise out of Tampa lv. on 12/29 & returning on 1/3. Anyone want to share the ride & Parking?

heijaf@thevillages.net
Old 09-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Platinum member

golf2140:

Cruise Connection does operate service between Ocala & Miami. Villagers get aboard at "Lady Lake" behind the McDonald's acros 27/441 from Walmart.

Visit <www.connect2cruise.com> for details fitting your specific cruise.

I do believe that you have to make a transfer between vehicles, in Fort Lauderdale. Still, a pretty good deal.

Currently priced at $89.95 per person, round trip.

SWR
Old 09-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Default Love Cruising

We love to cruise, and get out about once a year...We've been on a few longer cruises, but would suggest a newer larger boat for long cruises. It mainly depends on the itinerary. Too many days at sea can become a little much, but island hopping is way fun! Many of the boats we have been on are no longer in service, and one even sunk, but with no passengers. We would love to join a cruise club, but our house sits on the market unfortunately....Is there some way the cruises can be posted on this site, so those of us who cannot attend the meetings could hear what you are up to???
Old 09-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Veteran member

Going on a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone have the name of a place to park a car for two weeks?
Old 09-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Platinum member

floridagal:

You might look into these sites:

www.offairportparking.com/portevg/ ...... shows a regular rate of $12/day
www.airportparking.com
www.netparkfly.com
www.porteverglades.net ..... posted at $15/day

SWR

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.