Cruising

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Gold member

donbettyr, you mentioned in your post that you are sailing another long cruise in May & next October..... what cruise line might that be? We've been on many cruises but only 1 14 nighter and would love to do another without it being a back to back 7 night. I have not been able to find and such trips. The 14 nighter we did last year on Princess but that line has since stopped sailing for a straight 14 nites. Would appreciat any info from you regarding your upcoming trips.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:38 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Tickled_pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
Looking for some info regarding communication while on a cruise. Has anyone used walkie/talkies or rented the two way radios available thru cruise line? If so, I would like some sugestions. We are going on a 2 week cruise and would love to be able to reach my husband and others in our traveling party. I know that verizon offers an add on for the feature of using cell to cell but it is a $5 per minute charge and that could add up fast. Appreciate any & all suggestions.
Kaydee, we are taking Uniden 2-way radios on our Nov 6th cruise. The packaging says it works up to 12 miles. I'll let you know if it works.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Veteran member

We have been on a 114 day Grand World Voyage in 2008, round the World. A 70 day Grand Asia-Australia cruise in Fall 2010, an 18 day South America cruise in 2001, and some shorter ones. Mostly all on HAL.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:54 PM

Celebrity has a 14 day cruise out of Ft lauderdale. Princess has a 10 day out of Ft Lauderdale. Most of the rest are seven days out of Flordia. We also like the longer cruises.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We are doing a 15 night cruise from San Diego to hawaii and return later ths month////we enjoy the 13-15 night cruises

Celebrity is the Best!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:24 AM

Has anyone had any dealings with Anchors away cruises in Clearwater? Got a brochure from them in the mail. Also I would like to join a cruise club --have you started it yet?? dsned
Old 06-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsned View Post
Has anyone had any dealings with Anchors away cruises in Clearwater? Got a brochure from them in the mail. Also I would like to join a cruise club --have you started it yet?? dsned
It looks like the great idea about forming a cruise club has faded into the sunset. There seemed to be a lot of interest but nobody picked up the ball. There was even talk of one fellow offering to be the chairman of the club. I think it would be a neat idea to meet once a month and share cruise stories. We just booked a short 6 night cruise on Independence of the Seas for Jan. 2013. I've never heard of Anchors Away Cruises. We have booked 10 of our cruises using Direct Line Cruises which buys blocks of cabins for a sailing so you always have a large selection to choose from.
Skip 2
Old 06-29-2012, 02:00 PM

Is Clearwater the closest travel agent? My wife and I cruise all the time we are currently booked on a 8 Canadian cruise next fall. Our travel agent got a $225 cabin discount that we were not aware of plus a shipboard credit. A good Travel is hard to find.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:33 AM

We are cruising the Polynesion Islands in January - 10 nights, so not quite 2 weeks. I hope someone starts a cruise club - I think it would be fun.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Smile

We love cruising also
The length that is comfortable for someone would depend on one's budget, health and quality of the cruiseline We did Alaska and the Mediterranean, those 2 only so far Looking forward to other cruises, God willing
The idea of a cruise club sounds great!![SIZE="5"]
Old 09-11-2012, 06:54 AM

Been on numerous 10-15 day cruises. My wife will not go on a 7 day any more, just get unpacked and time to disembark. Obviously an older crowd when get over 7 days both from a time off and cost perspective Going on a13 day cruise in October
Old 09-23-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
donbettyr, you mentioned in your post that you are sailing another long cruise in May & next October..... what cruise line might that be? We've been on many cruises but only 1 14 nighter and would love to do another without it being a back to back 7 night. I have not been able to find and such trips. The 14 nighter we did last year on Princess but that line has since stopped sailing for a straight 14 nites. Would appreciat any info from you regarding your upcoming trips.
Done long cruises on Princess, Holland America and Celebrity
Old 09-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Cruise Club in TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
Is there a cruising club in TV?
About two years ago there was a very successful Cruise Club in TV run by a guy called Tom Ford (I think that was his name). He had been a travel agent in his real life and he got the various cruise lines to come and talk to us and tell us about their cruises. It was a really great club - nothing was sold at the meeting - in fact you absolutely could not buy a cruise at the club, but there was a lot of cruising information available.

The Villages came in one night while we were all having a meeting and shut him down! Before getting too deeply involved in starting a cruise club someone should do some research on the club they closed down so that they don't make the same mistakes! This is Tom Ford's website and I am sure he would be more than happy to fill in my blanks. Travel Depot & The Villages Cruise Club Travel Depot <tford@thevillages.net>

There was an unsubstantiated rumor floating around that a local travel agent had complained about the club; something to the effect that it was hurting local travel agents.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.