Does Anyone Know?

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2023, 04:51 PM
Veteran member
Default Does Anyone Know?

How many miles it is from JetBlue Terminal C counter to the gates to board a plane? Local news has done feature stories about this issue. They indicated it was several miles(?). There are few staff to push a wheelchair or carts to drive passengers. I would like to have some accurate information to assess what I will be facing. I called JetBlue and the person on the phone had no idea what I was referring to.
Old 03-14-2023, 05:45 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,961 Times in 752 Posts

There are automatic passenger trams that run from main terminal to terminals A B C D just past security check point.
Old 03-14-2023, 07:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
There are automatic passenger trams that run from main terminal to terminals A B C D just past security check point.
Terminal C is the new building - Terminals A and B are together, with the trams.

We flew into C on American and it was a very long walk to the baggage claim, so I suspect going the other way it is an equally long walk from the check in desks to the gates, but I doubt it is as much as a mile.

However, looking at the on-line guide:

Getting Around MCO - Orlando International Airport (MCO)

it will very much depend on which gate you are leaving from.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:14 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

I'm flying Dad into Orlando using Jet Blue. Will there be a wheelchair available for me to use for Dad? At 90 I'm not sure he can make that long walk.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Terminal C is the new building - Terminals A and B are together, with the trams.

We flew into C on American and it was a very long walk to the baggage claim, so I suspect going the other way it is an equally long walk from the check in desks to the gates, but I doubt it is as much as a mile.

However, looking at the on-line guide:

Getting Around MCO - Orlando International Airport (MCO)

it will very much depend on which gate you are leaving from.
Thank you for the link
Old 03-15-2023, 05:19 PM
Veteran member

CBS news just did another story on this horror. They stated it It is a 35 minute walk to the gates. This was coming from a young airport employee pushing a wheelchair. He was out of breath. The airport is trying to get more shuttle vehicles for people. Really!!!
Old 03-15-2023, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I'm flying Dad into Orlando using Jet Blue. Will there be a wheelchair available for me to use for Dad? At 90 I'm not sure he can make that long walk.
You will have to request the wheel chair ahead of time. The Skycap will wheel your Dad through the exit. The long walk is between TSA and the gates and, no way does it take 35 minutes as another poster said. But it is long and then you have to go up to the 4th floor (I believe) to pick up your luggage. The most bizarre, user unfriendly building I have ever been in.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-15-2023, 07:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

There are more than just JetBlue down there. The signage in terminal C is terrible. Last time we flew in it took us 2 hours from the gate to our rental car. We walked at least 2 miles. The place is huge. It is a shame that they did not make it easier for people to find there way around.
Old 03-15-2023, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorem painter View Post
You will have to request the wheel chair ahead of time. The Skycap will wheel your Dad through the exit. The long walk is between TSA and the gates and, no way does it take 35 minutes as another poster said. But it is long and then you have to go up to the 4th floor (I believe) to pick up your luggage. The most bizarre, user unfriendly building I have ever been in.
Checked using my Apple watch, we had a 2 mi walk from the furthest gate to the off site auto parking pickup address area. Very hard to drag luggage through the new carpet.

Truely bizarre there are no people movers.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Checked using my Apple watch, we had a 2 mi walk from the furthest gate to the off site auto parking pickup address area. Very hard to drag luggage through the new carpet.

Truely bizarre there are no people movers.
Thank you for adding this helpful information.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
There are more than just JetBlue down there. The signage in terminal C is terrible. Last time we flew in it took us 2 hours from the gate to our rental car. We walked at least 2 miles. The place is huge. It is a shame that they did not make it easier for people to find there way around.
Sounds very unpleasant and with no consideration for people with mobility issues.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:59 PM
Platinum member

Thanks for all of the posts about this new terminal. Starting to re consider using this airport in the future. On the plus side they offer a lot of non stop flights. On the negative side, the odds of having a crying baby on board is in the 90% range, spring break crowds are horrific (3 hours from landing time to get out on 3/11) long TSA lines etc. Live in Spanish Springs area and Tampa is 15 miles further and no tolls. Much more manageable airport.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Thanks for all of the posts about this new terminal. Starting to re consider using this airport in the future. On the plus side they offer a lot of non stop flights. On the negative side, the odds of having a crying baby on board is in the 90% range, spring break crowds are horrific (3 hours from landing time to get out on 3/11) long TSA lines etc. Live in Spanish Springs area and Tampa is 15 miles further and no tolls. Much more manageable airport.
We mostly fly in and out of Tampa as we find it a much easier ride but sometimes it is cheaper to fly out of Orlando.
Old 03-16-2023, 04:35 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
thanks for all of the posts about this new terminal. Starting to re consider using this airport in the future. On the plus side they offer a lot of non stop flights. On the negative side, the odds of having a crying baby on board is in the 90% range, spring break crowds are horrific (3 hours from landing time to get out on 3/11) long tsa lines etc. Live in spanish springs area and tampa is 15 miles further and no tolls. Much more manageable airport.
bingo. Stopped using mco when signs posted saying" if you are in the line at this point you wont make your flight". I use tampa cost be damn.....
Old 03-16-2023, 04:37 AM

Flew out/in to C last week on Jet Blue. The new terminal is very large! Imagine the old ones without the monorail and that’s the distance from check-in/TSA to the gates. There are a few cart/people mover things but they only hold 6 and are very slow. Order a wheelchair if you have any mobility issues. Also, as an FYI, you presently can drop a rental car at C but can not pick one up. You have to take a bus to the other terminal to do so.
Closed Thread

Tags
jetblue, miles, drive, passengers, carts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.