Does Anyone Know?

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2023, 10:39 AM
Thumbs down Terrible Experience .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaNi4os View Post
CBS did a piece on this issue last night. They are getting golf carts to shuttle people from the terminal (I think they said it was 3 miles from the terminal to car rentals) and although they didn’t put in “people movers” (AKA conveyor belts) due to the expense, it is in the works now. I love JetBlue and travel to my home state (NJ) twice a year. The new terminal is quite impressive.
We arrived from up North, had heavy jackets and boots etc, had to walk from JB gate # 31 to TSA then take elevators UP 6 floors to get baggage then down to Ground Floor to get Bus, we were early BUT there are NO SEATS to sit and wait for BUS...What a DUMP !!! Did THEY forget about Senior Citizens. I was told THERE is only 1 people mover, you're Lucky if you can gat a ride. My wife and I both Needed Oxygen we were so exhausted.
Old 03-16-2023, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I'm flying Dad into Orlando using Jet Blue. Will there be a wheelchair available for me to use for Dad? At 90 I'm not sure he can make that long walk.
Call JetBlue and request a wheelchair for your Dad. They will provide him with a wheelchair and a pusher at the gate when he arrives. A tip to the pusher would be appropriate.
Old 03-16-2023, 02:06 PM

My daughter, son in law and 10 month old baby arrived to Terminal C last month. They are young, healthy and fit. They said the walk was awful and won’t use Jet Blue anymore.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:58 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatamusP View Post
Call JetBlue and request a wheelchair for your Dad. They will provide him with a wheelchair and a pusher at the gate when he arrives. A tip to the pusher would be appropriate.
Thank you for reminding me of the need. I did that yesterday, except I told them I only need the chair and I'll do the pushing. I'll get my steps in for the day!
Old 03-21-2023, 07:28 PM

Remember low-fare airlines such as JetBlue or Southwest airlines can afford to charge lower tickets because they're paying a lower lease on their gates which are typically the farthest from the ticket counter and baggage claim. You need to pay first-class fees to have your gates closest to the front of the airport.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:40 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,037 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayteadunn View Post
Terminal C was an architects vanity project.

....Its horrible.
.... I hope the architect is waiting for his award still that he/she expected designing such a huge waste of space. Lastly we spoke to aircrew on our flight and they all hate it. They have to get to work an hour early to get to where they need to go and the international flights go through the top floor requiring wheel chair staff to push people up many levels of ramps then across the length of the place.
I just got home to TV, after an quick, over-night trip to Boston for a ground-breaking on a new, 40,000 sq. ft. building I'm building. I'm giving the specifics, just to show I do know a little about Design/Construction.

You are 100% correct. . This was an Architect's vanity project. Not a whit of thought was given to the convenience of users. I've read the entire thread up until your post and people seem to be calling it for what it is.

I was lucky, I drove into Terminal C Parking Monday at noon and drove out at 6 pm Tuesday. I didn't have to deal with a rental car or baggage or anything else ... & I was still aggravated to no end. No "moving walks", everything is spread out. The signage is atrocious. I walked over a mile (per my Apple Watch), without seeing a sign that indicated how to get back to the Parking Garage.

I won't even mention how far I had to walk to use a men's room, after spending 6-7 hours in airports and on flights.

There are plenty of food choices and the place is shiny. Those are the only 2 good things I can say about Terminal C.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

So happy I can use Sanford

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-24-2023, 07:14 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Dad and I flew in yesterday. What a GREAT terminal Jetblue! The walk was no farther than before with so much less foot traffic. The driver pickup area was so easy, plus easy drive out. Great job Orlando airport.
Closed Thread

Tags
jetblue, miles, drive, passengers, carts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.