Favorite cruise lines

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2018, 12:47 PM
Sage

For river cruises, Grand Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollie View Post
Just wondering what everyone’s favorite cruise line is, and why.

Rollie
Old 10-22-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollie View Post
Just wondering what everyone’s favorite cruise line is, and why.

Rollie
Our favorite is Princess. We are almost Elite Members. The service has always been great, entertainment is excellent, food is above average, and we like the option of dining anytime we want, as opposed to being restricted to early or late seating.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:40 PM
Default Favorite Cruiseline

We love Oceania. The food is really good and the beds are comfortable. We love cruises and can't pass up a good special. Below is what I like about the different lines...
Wind Star cruises... Swimming off the back of the ship and the island picnics
Carnival Cruises ... The comedy clubs. We are at the comedy club every night. The price on Carnival is a good value. During the day with the money we ave on the cruise we buy a day pass at an all inclusive and enjoy the resort.
Regent... Very large staterooms with large bathroom. Included tours in every port.
Viking ... All cabins have a balcony. They have an amazing tea. The basement of the ship has a spa with a thalasso pool included in your fair. The beds are a little too hard for me but I love the heated floors in the cabin's bathroom and the tweeting bird sounds in the public restrooms.
Seabourn - Great cabins, love the caviar, very comfortable.
Crystal- Cabins are comfortable, great entertainment, enjoy the waterfall when you walk on the ship and the plant wall. Delicious specialty dining but not on par with Oceania's dining.
RCL and NCL were ok. Hal was ok too. I have not been on a bad cruise. There is always something to like on a cruise.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:47 PM
Gold member

We must be the exception. We cruise on Carnival exclusively. We are Platinum status and enjoy our perks.

We don’t take 3 day cruises, those attract the rowdy on any cruise line.

We have been to Bora Bora, Tahiti, Figi, Moorea, Sydney, on our favorite 17 day cruise from Hi.

I understand that several other lines are wonderful too. But we know Carnival and which ships to sail and enjoy the Stockholders Credit each time we sail.

I think we would enjoy any cruise line other than Royal Caribbean. The 6,000 passenger ships would definitely not be my choice!

Cruising is a wonderful way to get away and be pampered! If fact we leave for another cruise on Sunday! Bon Voyage!!
Old 10-22-2018, 10:19 PM

Do not like cruises. It’s nothing but a floating food bar where you can gain 20 lbs
Old 10-23-2018, 12:53 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Read2know Send a message via AIM to Read2know

We have sailed on Princes, Celebrity, Norwegian (NCL), Carnival, MSC, and Royal Caribbean. But we keep going back to Royal Caribbean. Try several and then choose one and stay with it.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:49 AM

We tend to prefer the smaller ships. Our favorite cruise line is Oceania, primarily because of ship size, few sea days, great ports, great food and wonderful guest speakers. The restaurant staff actually gets to know you and greets you by name. We recently sailed on Seaborn, and although the ship was comparable and in some ways better than Oceania, the food on the ship we were on was not that great and that was confirmed by other guests who had sailed their other ships. We had also heard that Holland America does a good job and we will check them out next February in Asia.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERCHIEF View Post
Do not like cruises. It’s nothing but a floating food bar where you can gain 20 lbs

While I can see why some people might really enjoy the cruise experience, personally not being a 'foodie,' much of a drinker and prefer to explore on my own and not as part of a large group...a cruise has never really appealed to me.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:22 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Although I enjoy cruises I have heard it said that "Cruises are for the newly wed, the over fed and the nearly dead.".

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-23-2018, 03:49 PM

...never had a bad experience on NCL...enjoy...
Closed Thread

Tags
favorite, cruise, rollie, line, lines

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.