Favorite Day Trips from The Villages

Favorite Day Trips from The Villages

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 10:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Anybody remember the Kapok Tree Inn. Kapok Tree Inn - Gaudy Excess, Clearwater, Florida

I was there years back when it was still a restaurant and want to go back and see it now.
I ate there once when I lived in St. Pete around 1975. I heard in it's heyday it served about 4,000 people a day. I never understood why it went out of business. They had a simpler Kapok Tree Restaurant in Seminole near the Bay Pines VA Hospital.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I ate there once when I lived in St. Pete around 1975. I heard in it's heyday it served about 4,000 people a day. I never understood why it went out of business. They had a simpler Kapok Tree Restaurant in Seminole near the Bay Pines VA Hospital.

It was amazing. I was very young at the time but have never forgotten it.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2018, 06:44 PM

I have lived in The Villages for 8 years and I have been to all the places that have been mentioned and should not be missed as everyone of them is a winner but someplace I found just this summer that is never mentioned is the Florida Aquarium in Tampa. It was a wonderful day and don't miss the boat ride. It can only be taken with the admission so be sure to purchase a ticket for both...it was reasonable and a wonderful day...Plan Your Visit
Winter Park
Old 10-16-2018, 07:15 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is online now
TOTV SPONSOR

Default Winter Park

Village Tour and Travel has day trips to Winter Park. Mary and I like the one that lets you go shopping have lunch (Bosporus Turkish Food) then a Musical at the Winter Park Playhouse.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors View Post
Village Tour and Travel has day trips to Winter Park. Mary and I like the one that lets you go shopping have lunch (Bosporus Turkish Food) then a Musical at the Winter Park Playhouse.
Winter Park is very nice. We were just there to see The Morse Museum, one of the largest displays of Tiffany Glass.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:17 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is online now
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Winter Park is very nice. We were just there to see The Morse Museum, one of the largest displays of Tiffany Glass.
Take the boat tour, there are canals that go thru the rear of some very beautiful homes. Defiantly worth the trip. There is also the Orlando Shakespeare Theater.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:53 AM

Cassadaga to talk to the psychic's. I've been winning the lotto ever since. Have the numbers to both power ball and mega millions this week which will make me a billionaire by Friday.
Closed Thread

Tags
favorite, trips, day, start, suggestions