Good for you, Royal Carribean!

Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2021, 05:07 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,549 Times in 418 Posts
Default Good for you, Royal Carribean!

Desantis for the win!
Royal Caribbean Makes Vaccines Optional for Passengers on Most Cruises | Travel + Leisure

Guess what, you don't like it? Don't go. They will be FULL.
If you got the vax, stop telling me to get one. If you believe in it and you got it, it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS who else got it. On the other hand, if you don't really believe in it, and got it, keep clutching your pearls.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,298 Times in 819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Desantis for the win!
Royal Caribbean Makes Vaccines Optional for Passengers on Most Cruises | Travel + Leisure

If you got the vax, stop telling me to get one. If you believe in it and you got it, it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS who else got it. On the other hand, if you don't really believe in it, and got it, keep clutching your pearls.
And now for the rest of the story. An exception to the new policy is those boarding a ship to Alaska where the cruise line will still require guests 16 and older to be vaccinated, and 12 and older starting Aug. 1.story

And why is that - because RC is not the decision maker. Just this morning I posted a news item that Canada will require proof of vaccination for entry probably starting June 21st. Most of those cruises to Alaska stop at Vancouver. If you like hitting your head on a brick wall then you should be elated.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:29 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
And now for the rest of the story. An exception to the new policy is those boarding a ship to Alaska where the cruise line will still require guests 16 and older to be vaccinated, and 12 and older starting Aug. 1.story

And why is that - because RC is not the decision maker. Just this morning I posted a news item that Canada will require proof of vaccination for entry probably starting June 21st. Most of those cruises to Alaska stop at Vancouver. If you like hitting your head on a brick wall then you should be elated.
RCCL has no Alaska cruises starting from a FL port. These ports are the ones DeSantis has influence over. Not Vancouver, Canada.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
RCCL has no Alaska cruises starting from a FL port.
And ? Nobody from Florida takes a cruise to Alaska ? Get on a plane - oh wait the vaccination rules have not been ironed out about that also especially international travel (which does include Canada). Looks to me your cruise universe without vaccination will be pretty small - at least to begin with. Cool a couple $ grand to leave a Florida port and stop at Royal Caribbean's make believe island.

Last edited by rustyp; 06-08-2021 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
And ? Nobody from Florida takes a cruise to Alaska ? Get on a plane - oh wait the vaccination rules have not been ironed out about that also especially international travel (which does include Canada).
The concern is about FL ports of embarkation. You can deflect on other ports which FL gov't. has no jurisdiction over if you feel better. You play games.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
The concern is about FL ports of embarkation. You can deflect on other ports which FL gov't. has no jurisdiction over if you feel better. You play games.
I did edit my original post to express my thoughts on why this is a "game" as you stated. It is not under Florida control at all. The ship has to meet the requirements of each country it will port in - including the crew. That will be a small universe to begin with. Now I can understand the reluctance of the younger people to get vaccinated but at our age why would you deny yourself from things on your bucket list ? How long do you have left ? This is going to take a long while to iron itself out rule wise worldwide. The vaccinated will be the preference children.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I did edit my original post to express my thoughts on why this is a "game" as you stated. It is not under Florida control at all. The ship has to meet the requirements of each country it will port in - including the crew. That's will be a small universe to begin with. Now I can understand the reluctance of the younger people to get vaccinated but at our age why would you deny yourself from things on your bucket list ? How long do you have left ? This is going to take a long while to iron itself out rule wise worldwide. The vaccinated will be the preference children.
I never said I was not vaccinated. I am against vaccine passports.
Old 06-08-2021, 06:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
I never said I was not vaccinated. I am against vaccine passports.
And I understand. I am not disagreeing with you. Vaccine passports required by our own country is what many are considering against our civil liberties. However that is only good here in our little piece of the planet. Other countries have the right to make their own exit and entrance rules. I happen to have lived and still have a seasonal home on a border town. Most citizens here in the USA think we make the rules. Think again. I've watched people lose their boats for dropping an anchor a few feet over "boarder" while fishing.
Old 06-09-2021, 04:58 AM

You are not fully informed as to what’s going on with cruising to Alaska. The government has granted a temporary exemption to the ship lines till next year so they can bypass a foreign port in order to sail from a US port (Washington) directly to Alaska

Quote:
And I understand. I am not disagreeing with you. Vaccine passports required by our own country is what many are considering against our civil liberties. However that is only good here in our little piece of the planet. Other countries have the right to make their own exit and entrance rules. I happen to have lived and still have a seasonal home on a border town. Most citizens here in the USA think we make the rules. Think again. I've watched people lose their boats for dropping an anchor a few feet over "boarder" while fishing.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:20 AM
Veteran member

DeSantis has done a great job managing the vaccine. Unfortunately he missed “the boat” regarding vaccine passports.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:22 AM

NCL is fighting DeSantis in court on this. I have two cruises booked for 2022. Carnival and NCL. I will not be going on Royal Caribbean until they require proof of vaccination of everyone on the ship.
Why would anyone want to get on a ship with people who don’t care about the safety of everyone, just themselves?
I don’t think it will be good for Florida tourism to tell the world we don’t care about anybody but ourselves. The majority of the people have taken the vaccine, wore their masks in respect for others, followed the CCD guidelines, and stayed home for over a year.
It’s our time to enjoy, so maybe it’s time for the majority of us get to enjoy ourselves in a safe environment. Like you said if you don’t want to get on the ship, don’t go.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:52 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Desantis for the win!

You vaxxers crack me up. You jump through those hoops. I man made virus funded by the number one job nut telling us how to handle this virus and then encourages everyone to get vaccinated. I wonder who’s pocket this getting lined…..Life is easy walking around with your eyes closed…….
Old 06-09-2021, 05:55 AM

Hooray for Governor DeathSantis! Live Free and Die!
Old 06-09-2021, 05:57 AM

We now know via Fauci masks are “phoney baloney”. Dance at City Fire/Squares or dance on a deck or ball room. Same risk. Recruit people who wear mask during a video conference with people thousands of miles away
Old 06-09-2021, 06:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,349 Times in 2,505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
DeSantis has done a great job managing the vaccine. Unfortunately he missed “the boat” regarding vaccine passports.
How opinions change.
In the early days of the local vacine rollout chaos, the Govenor couldn't find a friend, but now that private enterprise has solved the supply and administration problems, he is hailed as a savior.
Funny old world!

Last edited by Two Bills; 06-09-2021 at 06:06 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
good, business, hand, clutching, stop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.