Good for you, Royal Carribean!

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
From the glass-half-full side.....

- Requiring a fully vaccinated crew and guests did not prevent Covid
- The article implied that the cruise was not cut short in any way
- The cases were only discovered due to "required end-of-cruise testing"; otherwise the two passengers would be out living their lives today

Perhaps the contact tracing and further testing will reveal a more critical situation. Lacking that, there was no health emergency during the cruise, the cruise was not cut short, the passengers were not all quarantined, the only indications of any Covid issue at all were the test results, and requiring proof of vaccinations did not keep Covid off the ship.
The 2 passengers were not let back on the ship, they were required to quarantine in St Martin. Wonder how many were in contact with them on the island and the ship and may come down with covid.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,176 Times in 4,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAB20 View Post
Are you against driver's licenses?
Ridiculous analogy...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-11-2021, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,176 Times in 4,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
How quickly we forget !

Jan 20 2020 The Diamond Princess departed port with 2,666 passengers and 1,045 crew on board
712 people out of 3,711 became infected (567 out of 2,666 passengers and 145 out of 1,045 crew), and 14 people, all of them passengers, died.

Oh and it started with one passenger. Passengers confined to staterooms. Sewage tanks overflowing. Scraps for food. I doubt if I'll ever get back on a floating petrie dish but if I do it won't be unless 100% vaccinations are required.
Are you vaccinated?

If so, don't you trust the vaccine?

If so, you have nothing to worry about.

If not, why did you get vaccinated in the first place?

-Tom Petty
Old 06-11-2021, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,305 Times in 2,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAM+6 View Post
The 2 passengers were not let back on the ship, they were required to quarantine in St Martin. Wonder how many were in contact with them on the island and the ship and may come down with covid.
EDIT: It looks like the cruise has ended and that's why the passengers are quarantined in St Maarten. They were not removed from the ship or refused reboarding, their cruise had ended.

____

I believe you may be confusing the Caribbean cruise with another in the Mediterranean. I could find no mention of the passengers from the Caribbean cruise being taken off the ship. Further, St Maarten was the starting point for that cruise, not one of the ports of call. All that is mentioned in the articles I could find was that the two passengers have been isolated.

The passengers on the Mediterranean cruise were taken off the ship according to news reports.

But in both cases, the discovery of Covid-positive passengers did not result in a public health emergency, ship-wide quarantines, refusal of docking privileges, or early termination of the cruise.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 06-11-2021 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:24 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Are you vaccinated?

because as long as there are unvaccinated people, the risk of variants developing is possible. just look at the UK, which was doing well on vaccinations, but are now seeing a surge of disease from the Delta variant. as long as there are unvaccinated hosts, there's a risk for the development of variants which may be resistant to current vaccines.
Old 06-11-2021, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
How quickly we forget !

Jan 20 2020 The Diamond Princess departed port with 2,666 passengers and 1,045 crew on board
712 people out of 3,711 became infected (567 out of 2,666 passengers and 145 out of 1,045 crew), and 14 people, all of them passengers, died.

Oh and it started with one passenger. Passengers confined to staterooms. Sewage tanks overflowing. Scraps for food. I doubt if I'll ever get back on a floating petrie dish but if I do it won't be unless 100% vaccinations are required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Are you vaccinated?

I am vaccinated.

I do trust the vaccination.

I got the vaccination to protect both me and you.

Since I can not walk on water I worry about being quarantined on a ship in a stateroom. I tend towards being claustrophobic.

I'm not a fan of eating spoiled food / scraps.

I despise floating turds.

Last edited by rustyp; 06-11-2021 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:22 AM

First of all, cruises are not a requirement, they are a vacation. Next if there is no requirement to prove vaccine then wear a mask forever. Stop trying to punish people for getting vaccinated in order to protect their families.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityzen View Post
Whaaa? I thought Republicans were all about hands-off business, total free markets, no regulations? Sure sounds hypocritical to me.
So it's ok to criticize here?
Old 06-11-2021, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
All they are good for is ID. I do believe in voter ID though. According to the Constitution, America has been having illegal elections. The Constitution states that ONLY American citizens may vote in our elections. I have yet to see anyone require proof of citizenship in order to vote. And the only absentee voting should be done by the military overseas.
So, people living in assisted living homes physically unable to leave, people living in nursing homes, seniors who have given up driving and rely on other people - they should just not vote.

People who live in rural areas without any way of getting to the polls - shouldn't vote.

People who are out of the country during Election week - should not be allowed to vote at all.

You do know that mail-in voting is a thing throughout the entire country and has been for decades, right? I mean, this isn't anything new. Both republicans AND democrats have won elections where mail-in voting was available nationwide, and not restricted to military overseas.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
All they are good for is ID. I do believe in voter ID though. According to the Constitution, America has been having illegal elections. The Constitution states that ONLY American citizens may vote in our elections. I have yet to see anyone require proof of citizenship in order to vote. And the only absentee voting should be done by the military overseas.
Have you recently checked to note the regulations and requirements to register to vote, which precedes you voting. THAT is where you must identify yourself and offer what is required.

I assume that you believe in cutting off registered voters because.....well because of anything...especially if they like became alone since registering and have no way to the polls, etc., etc.
Closed Thread

Tags
good, business, hand, clutching, stop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.