Good for you, Royal Carribean!

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2021, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillowtalk View Post
NCL is fighting DeSantis in court on this. I have two cruises booked for 2022. Carnival and NCL. I will not be going on Royal Caribbean until they require proof of vaccination of everyone on the ship.
Why would anyone want to get on a ship with people who don’t care about the safety of everyone, just themselves?
I don’t think it will be good for Florida tourism to tell the world we don’t care about anybody but ourselves. The majority of the people have taken the vaccine, wore their masks in respect for others, followed the CCD guidelines, and stayed home for over a year.
It’s our time to enjoy, so maybe it’s time for the majority of us get to enjoy ourselves in a safe environment. Like you said if you don’t want to get on the ship, don’t go.
If vaccinations work and you’re vaccinated why the concern? Also, I don’t know anyone that has stayed home for a year. People that I know here in TV have been out playing golf, and engaging in many other activities over the past year and wore their mask where required. Lastly, the people who haven’t gotten vaccinated have either been told by their doctors not to do that, or they feel it’s not safe since it hasn’t been approved by the FDA and they don’t want to participate in the ongoing clinical study where side effects and vaccine efficiencies are still being studied.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:03 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,552 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
I never said I was not vaccinated. I am against vaccine passports.
Why? Because it violates your rights? Well, then stay home and I can exercise my right to stay healthy. Are children required to have certain vaccinations before they can attend school? YES. So unless you want to watch home videos of cruises instead of going on one just like unvaccinated children have to be home schooled......thats your right.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:15 AM

DeSantis has always done an outstanding job for FL. Also neighbors need to be kind to each other, sometimes the rhetoric gets too much for others. Take a deep breadth before you post
Old 06-09-2021, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Desantis for the win!
Royal Caribbean Makes Vaccines Optional for Passengers on Most Cruises | Travel + Leisure

Guess what, you don't like it? Don't go. They will be FULL.
If you got the vax, stop telling me to get one. If you believe in it and you got it, it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS who else got it. On the other hand, if you don't really believe in it, and got it, keep clutching your pearls.
A terrible action by DeathSantis and even worse by Royal Caribbean capitulation.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:39 AM

Spoke to celebrity yesterday…they will probably have the same rule. However if someone does end up testing positive then they will be moved to a lower deck cabin and quarantined. If it appears to be spreading then they will cancel the cruise and return to the port…proof this past weekend at the golf tournament that if you test negative one day you can still be positive two days later. Will be so upset if this happens and the cruise industry gets shut down again…can’t understand why a private industry can’t have their own rules…they require a regular passport, won’t let you bring your own alcohol…why not a rule that is for the protection of not only people on the cruise but at the ports it is making stops at…where unvaccinated people can more easily pick up covid. Why do some people have the right to endanger the health of others by insisting to do activities that are deemed by the CDC are not to be safe….the vaccine offers 80% protection but not 100%. Just wondering if you will wear a mask on the ship if you are not vaccinated to protect other non vaccinated people?
Old 06-09-2021, 06:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member

That is simply not true. If you are fully vaccinated, the probability of contracting the virus is extremely small. The breakthrough rate for the fully vaccinated was about 0.01% according to the CDC (they are no longer tracking it) and the chances of a breakthrough that causes hospitalization or death (what the CDC is now tracking) is about an order of magnitude lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbraham View Post
the vaccine offers 80% protection but not 100%.

Last edited by tuccillo; 06-09-2021 at 07:06 AM.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Why? Because it violates your rights? Well, then stay home and I can exercise my right to stay healthy. Are children required to have certain vaccinations before they can attend school? YES. So unless you want to watch home videos of cruises instead of going on one just like unvaccinated children have to be home schooled......thats your right.
"Rights"

The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 06-09-2021, 06:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbraham View Post
Spoke to celebrity yesterday…they will probably have the same rule. However if someone does end up testing positive then they will be moved to a lower deck cabin and quarantined. If it appears to be spreading then they will cancel the cruise and return to the port…proof this past weekend at the golf tournament that if you test negative one day you can still be positive two days later. Will be so upset if this happens and the cruise industry gets shut down again…can’t understand why a private industry can’t have their own rules…they require a regular passport, won’t let you bring your own alcohol…why not a rule that is for the protection of not only people on the cruise but at the ports it is making stops at…where unvaccinated people can more easily pick up covid. Why do some people have the right to endanger the health of others by insisting to do activities that are deemed by the CDC are not to be safe….the vaccine offers 80% protection but not 100%. Just wondering if you will wear a mask on the ship if you are not vaccinated to protect other non vaccinated people?
Now it's dropped to 80%?

I must have missed that memo...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-09-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
I never said I was not vaccinated. I am against vaccine passports.

And I'm against driving licenses.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Desantis for the win!
Royal Caribbean Makes Vaccines Optional for Passengers on Most Cruises | Travel + Leisure

If you got the vax, stop telling me to get one. If you believe in it and you got it, it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS who else got it. On the other hand, if you don't really believe in it, and got it, keep clutching your pearls.
I think the point being missed is: vaccinated or not- if some tests positive while on a cruise the entire ship will go on quarantine lockdown. Not my idea of a vacation.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:21 AM
Default Problem leaving here OK,

Quote:
Desantis for the win!

Let’s see, we jam a large number of people, some vaccinated, some not, into a relatively small space for a couple of weeks supervised by organizations with a proven track record of turning a common cold into a health crisis: What could go wrong?

Enjoy!
Old 06-09-2021, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matandch View Post
Hooray for Governor DeathSantis! Live Free and Die!
I see what you did there.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:33 AM
Default FLA still below US vaccination average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
DeSantis has done a great job managing the vaccine. Unfortunately he missed “the boat” regarding vaccine passports.
What exactly has DeSantis done to deserve a “great job “with vaccinations? We’re still below the national average.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I see what you did there.
Cute, but wrong.
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OETTING View Post
What exactly has DeSantis done to deserve a “great job “with vaccinations? We’re still below the national average.
He made sure that the most vulnerable were vaccinated first...

Unlike a certain NY Governor...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
good, business, hand, clutching, stop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.