Halifax, Nova Scotia

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2018, 08:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Very nice, that trip is on our to do list. Can you take a ferry from Portland Main and bring your car (and golf clubs and bicycles) on the ship to explore when arriving?
That I don’t know. When we got to Portland, we pretty quickly hopped on a tour bus, and had the most amazing tour guide. She grew up there, and knew not only the history, but amazing anecdotes about stuff that wouldn’t be in tour books.

I found out that the Portland airport was where the hijackers boarded, as they thought the security would be lighter there than in Boston, and they were right. Apparently they told security there that their box cutters were used for their carpentry job, so they were allowed to take them on. This according to the tour guide.

Ended up in Kinnebunk/Kinnebunkport. Boy, was it jammed! Cool place, and drove past Bush’s compound. Apparently when Bush Sr. is in residence, the American, Maine, and Texas flags are flown, and sure enough, all three were flying. Course, we didn’t see anyone we recognized while riding the bus. :-)

Too much to see, not enough time. First time in these areas, so will have to make plans to come back so we have more time to look around. I was told that Bar Harbor and Kinnebunkport pretty much shut down after October, and they hunker down in preparation for OVER 100 INCHES OF SNOW OVER THE WINTER!

We’re at Logan airport right now, and my own bed is sounding pretty good right now! Should be back by mid afternoon.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts
Default Last picture from our cabin on Serenade of the Seas

Cute rabbit.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	0FB74AB5-643E-45C9-A244-3A10DA11F4EA.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	76770  

Tags
sample, wines, local, beer, picture

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.