Heading North on 301

Heading North on 301

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
I have tried all the routes. My choice is staying on 301 by going under I-10. In about a mile, turn right on Hwy 90 and go another mile or so. Turn left onto 301 and go straight through Callahan. You are now on SR200 and you will hit I-95 at Yulee. Very little traffic on this route and speed limit is 65 for much of the way. Worst case is getting stopped by a train in Baldwin...happened once in about twenty trips.
I agree 100% I think only 2 or 3 traffic lights after you pass under I-10. Have done this a number of times while using a Garmin. It always picks a different route but by the time I get back on the Garmin route on I-95, my expected arrival time is a couple of minutes earlier.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Thats the way to go, did it last week and enjoyed the ride. There are only two bad parts, going through Palatka is congested for about 10 minutes, then all the never ending construction going on the I-295 east bypass around Jacksonville. There is no real direct way to get north of Jax, but that way is much better than taking 301 (traffic lights and speed traps abound).
I guess that makes at least two of us then, that are..."uncivilized and insane."
Old 03-30-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob47 View Post
I agree 100% I think only 2 or 3 traffic lights after you pass under I-10. Have done this a number of times while using a Garmin. It always picks a different route but by the time I get back on the Garmin route on I-95, my expected arrival time is a couple of minutes earlier.
Okay. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Closed Thread

Tags
heading, north, reworking, ramps, delays