Hotels in Hilton Head SC

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2018, 08:02 AM
Default Hotels in Hilton Head SC

We plan on visiting HH for a couple of days in late July and would like some ideas on where to stay and a few recommendations on some great restaurants.
I heard that Skull Creek is a fun place for entertainment and drinks.
I looked at the Hampton Inn located on HH but the reviews on the hotel are not good.
Kevin
Old 06-20-2018, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default HH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimondAngels View Post
We plan on visiting HH for a couple of days in late July and would like some ideas on where to stay and a few recommendations on some great restaurants.
I looked at the Hampton Inn located on HH but the reviews on the hotel are not good.
Kevin
We have stayed at the Westin numerous times and it is very nice.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:17 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Hilton Head Insider's Guide :: Dining & Restaurants
Hilton Head Hotel | Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa
Hilton Head Hotel | Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort - premium location in Palmetto Dunes across the street from Shelter Cove!

There are sooooooo many time shares on that island - have you checked the various time share companies to find out if any owner is renting out their ownership week[s]?

Old 06-20-2018, 09:28 AM
Gold member
Default C

Quote:
Kevin
You have chosen the busiest and most expensive time of the year on Hilton Head. Best times to go or April and May and September and October. There are many different price points from the higher end Marriott & Omni in Palmetto Dunes Resort, Sonesta in Shipyard Plantation as well as the Westin located middle island. All are very nice. Holiday Inn , not Holiday Inn Express, is in the Coligny shopping area and may be a little less expensive.Skull Creek With the boathouse restaurant, very nice, is a marina area with s few restaurants but there is nothing else in that area. Serg Group has many different restaurants at different price points.

PM me if you want further info. and perhaps if we talk I can guide you better.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:52 AM

I thank everyone for all of the great ideas..
Old 06-20-2018, 01:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I thank everyone for all of the great ideas..
Four areas to visit if you only have a couple of days.

Sea Pines Resort ($6 entry fee) both the Lighthouse area and South Beach area. Both have restaurants and music in the evening.

Shelter Cove Marina area has several restaurants. We like Scott’s Seafood and the Mexican Restaurant. Both have music.

Shelter Cove Towne Center ....brand new ...Restaurants and shopping. French Bakery in the AM. Poseidon has rooftop bar for drinks and full restaurant.

Coligny Shopping Center more rustic for restaurants and strolling.

If you have a few hours, Sea Pines Marina has a boat into Savannah and all the restaurants along the River. Adventurous? Take the Ferry over to Dafauskie Island. Rent a golf cart and explore the history.

There is so much to do and see. It will be crowded in July though so be patient. By Mid August kids are back in school so less crowded. We love early October. Water temp still in the 80’s and easier to get around.
Closed Thread

Tags
place, entertainment, drinks, fun, skull

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.