How has the pandemic changed your summer plans?

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2020, 07:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Bought a new outboard motor for my Whaler, a couple new crab pots for those great Chesapeake Bay crabs, an extra oyster float and spat, new fishing line on my old reels, new dock chairs. Now I am ready to enjoy the quiet life on the bay.
I had the chance several times to buy a Center Drive Boston Whaler and instead of just doing it I figured out the time I would spend in it VS the money it would cost. Another regret.

Life is for living. If any of our kids move close enough to us I'll buy one for them and let them do the work and I'll just have the fun.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:32 PM
Gold member

Let's see - changed our summer plans? How about changed a lot of plans? We were supposed to be in Dubai for a while this spring. Then in Africa. Cancelled those plans. Booked a cruise just to get out of dodge. Cancelled that cruise. Had a "election avoidance" trip planned for all of October; Italy, Greece, Turkey, Israel, Cyprus, Spain, and more, plus a transatlantic cruise back to the USA. Cancelled. Having been RV'ers for many years we decided to buy a new motorhome and hit the road in the USA, and get to see the kids in California without flying. If anything goes crazy with Covid-19 we have our own bed, kitchen, and bath.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:26 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I had the chance several times to buy a Center Drive Boston Whaler and instead of just doing it I figured out the time I would spend in it VS the money it would cost. Another regret.

Life is for living. If any of our kids move close enough to us I'll buy one for them and let them do the work and I'll just have the fun.
I am training my grandchildren safe boating with this great little boat. Bay life!
Old 06-01-2020, 03:08 PM

Thanks for this site. I’ve marked it as a favorite and will be using it often.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Florida-Back-Roads Travel.com has a lot of interesting trips. Most are day trips, but there some which might require an overnight stay. I think we might head up to the big bend area for a mini-vacation. This area is relatively unaffected by the COVID-19 and interesting places to visit.
Thanks so much for this local Florida travel site. I’ve now marked it as a favorite.
Closed Thread

Tags
plans, summer, pandemic, original, local

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.