Israel trip

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2020, 03:09 PM
Default Israel trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
My wife will be on a trip to Israel. What time of money should she take? Any other suggestions?
We got sheckels (sp) before we left at Bank of America. You can request them online or go to the bank- there may be a minimum amount. We didn't need them - used our credit card which doesn't charge for foreign transactions, so we spent them when we caught taxis.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:37 PM
Location: Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, New Zealand, Uruguay, DC, VA, OH, Village of Santiago

Don't use the credit card you also use for monthly charges, major purchases, etc. Take one (better yet two) that you rarely use, so that if the card gets hacked you aren't faced with a real hassle back home.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:38 PM
Location: Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, New Zealand, Uruguay, DC, VA, OH, Village of Santiago

Remember to call the card company in advance, to let them know your travel plans - dates and countries you will be using the card
Old 02-02-2020, 09:14 AM

If you go to Petra (Jordan), you need to go there before entering Israel. I have been told that Jordan will not let you enter if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport. I do not know if this is true, but it is what I have been told. Here is another point I know from personal experience......if you go with a group, get an individual visa to enter each country or you may have trouble when trying to exit if for some reason you are separated from the group .....like if you get sick and end up in a hospital or if you are separating from the group to travel to another country, exiting at a different time, to maybe see something extra somewhere before coming home. Pay the extra for your own entry visa (like to enter Jordan) Also when getting ready to exit Jordan have the exact exit fee in Jordanian cash before you get to the exit point, and behave and don't be mouthy, just follow what they do if exiting over the Allenby Bridge to enter Israel from Jordan. Also try to exit there any day other than Sat as the last exit time is noon to leave by bus. If you'd like more info you can contact me off line. Israel and Jordan are wonderful places and you will read your Bible differently after your trip. Also travel other than rainy season.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:33 PM

When my wife and I travel we DO NOT bring much cash. Use your debit card when you arrive. The atm will convert the currency at the best rate.
Old 02-02-2020, 05:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

That is not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Cascade View Post
If you go to Petra (Jordan), you need to go there before entering Israel. I have been told that Jordan will not let you enter if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport. I do not know if this is true, but it is what I have been told. Here is another point I know from personal experience......if you go with a group, get an individual visa to enter each country or you may have trouble when trying to exit if for some reason you are separated from the group .....like if you get sick and end up in a hospital or if you are separating from the group to travel to another country, exiting at a different time, to maybe see something extra somewhere before coming home. Pay the extra for your own entry visa (like to enter Jordan) Also when getting ready to exit Jordan have the exact exit fee in Jordanian cash before you get to the exit point, and behave and don't be mouthy, just follow what they do if exiting over the Allenby Bridge to enter Israel from Jordan. Also try to exit there any day other than Sat as the last exit time is noon to leave by bus. If you'd like more info you can contact me off line. Israel and Jordan are wonderful places and you will read your Bible differently after your trip. Also travel other than rainy season.
Old 02-02-2020, 05:50 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

To see Petra I entered Jordan from Israel with a group tour. When they saw us coming the Jordanian border guards shut the entry down for a couple hours to make us wait then only used one guy to check us in one at a time while four or five others stood around smirking. IMHO they were being difficult and a pain just because they could. It cost us over two hours time on a day trip to Petra. BTW the Jordanian and Egyptian police are not there to serve and protect, again IMHO.

Masada and the Dead Sea are definitely worth visiting!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
israel, trip, money, time, wife

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.