Keep It Simple Senior Travel KISST ?

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2022, 11:27 AM
Veteran member
Default Keep It Simple Senior Travel KISST ?

We are considering a tour to Mount Rushmore and Yellow Stone National Parks in September this year and have considered Caravan and one we never heard of before advertising in The Villages Daily Sun > KISST.

The KISST tour seems interesting from the information on the tour they recently sent us but: no web site and we never heard of them.

What we do seem to like is: all meals included of 8 days, several included shows/tours that others don't seem to have or are optional (Bear country, 1880 train ride, night light visit Mount Rushmore, Cowboy dinner show, Trial of jack McCall, Jeep tour ) to name a few. We really do like planned entertainment in addition to the visits to the national monuments vs only visits to the monuments and time on your own and having to search out the optional tours.

One disadvantage seems to be some the hotels might be a out of the way and not right in the park like Caravan has. Example KISST Yellow Stone hotel is Western Rose in Cody. Cody doesn't seem very close to Yellow Stone but if they keep us busy enough during the day it might not matter - except for the extra time to get to the hotel??

Another one is questionable: KISST ends in Billings Mt and most others seem to end in Salt lake city. Not sure if this in a no - op, better or worst? We have been to Salt Lake City before.

Question > has anyone used this tour company and have any comments + or - on their experience on the tour or used another company and can comment on my questions and concerns.
Old 06-03-2022, 11:45 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

///

Last edited by MartinSE; 06-03-2022 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2022, 11:45 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Sounds almost like a land cruise. If you are a social creature and enjoy being with other people, sounds like a good idea to me.

Personally, I fall into the George Carlin group - I love individuals, two or more and I start getting not so happy -
Old 06-03-2022, 12:09 PM

We have traveled with Caravan (Nova Scotia and PIE) and Globus (Yellowstone and other western Natl Parks, as well as Nashville to New Orleans, and Europe). We were VERY happy with both of these tour companies. I've never heard of KISST and if you do select them, please submit a post to TOTV. Would be very interested in hearing about your experience.

The one thing which I've told other people, and you mentioned, is one of the biggest differences in the various bus tour companies is the hotels that they stay in. And the cost of the tour usually reflects that. After all, it cost the same for all companies to run the bus, pay for the driver & guide, etc. So the big price difference is the hotels they book. We found that even though Globus usually cost more, their hotels are right at the location you are visiting. When we were at Yellowstone, our hotel was at Old Faithful and we could walk out the front door to see it as many times as we wanted. Cody would be nice, but how can you beat being right next to the geyser ????

We also got a lot of the extra activities, and that REALLY adds to the trip. So I don't know if I would exclude KISST just because they don't stay in the park. But I know that Caravan included a lot of extra activities on their tour as well. And a few weren't listed in their brochure.

But since I haven't ever heard of KISST tours nor can I even find a web site for them, I would be a little cautious. I suggest that you might check with one or two of the other Travel Agents in The Villages and see what they have to say about that company. That way you can find out how reputable they really are. And then let us all know who you choose and why.
Old 06-03-2022, 12:09 PM

We have traveled with Caravan (Nova Scotia and PIE) and Globus (Yellowstone and other western Natl Parks, as well as Nashville to New Orleans, and Europe). We were VERY happy with both of these tour companies. I've never heard of KISST and if you do select them, please submit a post to TOTV. Would be very interested in hearing about your experience.

The one thing which I've told other people, and you mentioned, is one of the biggest differences in the various bus tour companies is the hotels that they stay in. And the cost of the tour usually reflects that. After all, it cost the same for all companies to run the bus, pay for the driver & guide, etc. So the big price difference is the hotels they book. We found that even though Globus usually cost more, their hotels are right at the location you are visiting. When we were at Yellowstone, our hotel was at Old Faithful and we could walk out the front door to see it as many times as we wanted. Cody would be nice, but how can you beat being right next to the geyser ????

We also got a lot of the extra activities, and that REALLY adds to the trip. So I don't know if I would exclude KISST just because they don't stay in the park. But I know that Caravan included a lot of extra activities on their tour as well. And a few weren't listed in their brochure.

But since I haven't ever heard of KISST tours nor can I even find a web site for them, I would be a little cautious. I suggest that you might check with one or two of the other Travel Agents in The Villages and see what they have to say about that company. That way you can find out how reputable they really are. And then let us all know who you choose and why.

Last edited by SIRE1; 06-03-2022 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Dupplicated
Old 06-03-2022, 12:58 PM

Just an FYI…
I googled “Keep It Simple Senior Travel” & found a private Facebook page you can join to chat with others & get information about the business. Owner, Jerry Beebe lives in Summerfield & has worked as a Tour Consultant & Director.

Also found a blog highlighting this business.
Keep It Simple Senior Travel | SuretyBonds.com Small Business Spotlight
Seems like they’ve been trying to get this business going just before COVID & we all know how difficult that was…

There’s more, but must google the full name, not the acronym KISST or you’ll find yourself looking at the KISS band tour & reliving the head banger days🤣

Good luck! It’s a beautiful place to visit!!!

Tags
tour, kisst, stone, yellow, salt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.