London hotel

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2022, 07:35 AM
Default Agoda.com SAVEMORE22 is promo code

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcallaway View Post
We expect to stay 2 nights in London next month. Can anyone recommend a hotel from personal experience that would not be more than the equivalent of about $225 per night?
Thanks in advance to all that answer.
I have found agoda.com to have the best deals in lodging. The most recent promotional code they sent me was SAVEMORE22.
Old 07-11-2022, 07:51 AM
Default London hotel

Quote:
We expect to stay 2 nights in London next month. Can anyone recommend a hotel from personal experience that would not be more than the equivalent of about $225 per night?
Try the London Elizabeth.
I've stayed there. Check their web site. Try to get a terrace room.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:24 AM

Quote:
I recommend the Washington Mayfair. rooms start around $225.00
Old 07-11-2022, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I always try to stay at the Premier Inn, County Hall. It's right on the Thames at the foot of the West Minster Bridge across from Big Ben and behind the London Eye. It's not fancy but it is clean and comfortable. You'll find that there are Premier Inns all over London and I've stayed in a few but this is the place that I always try to book when I go.
County Hall Hotels | London City | Premier Inn
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.

Last edited by Dr Winston O Boogie jr; 07-11-2022 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 07-11-2022, 08:33 AM
Default London Hotels

Quote:
Sounds like this might be a “once in a lifetime” trip for you? If so, don’t stay in a Holiday Inn for God’s sake, make your trip worth the wait.

The Savoy Hotel in London . . . . just do it!
Old 07-11-2022, 08:34 AM
Send a message via AIM to JudyLife

Quote:
We live in outer London. The best hotels in central london are well over that amount but there are budget hotels - Premier Inn, Holiday Inn Express & Travel Lodge.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:36 AM
Default London

Millennium in Knightsbridge is great. Stay there a few years ago so have no idea what their rates are now but it's very close to the tube and also very close to be able to walk safely down to Harrah's along a street lined with amazing shops.
Old 07-11-2022, 09:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingoutofdodge View Post
The best way to get around London is by their amazing subway system. Make sure where ever you stay, it’s walking distance to the subway. They all connect, so travel is easy.
and the cheapest and easiest way to use the buses and the tube is by buying an Oyster card each at any station or tube station
Old 07-11-2022, 09:41 AM
Default London

Try Travelodge. I have stayed with them twice in recent history and have found them to be very clean and on the inexpensive side. Here is their web site https://www.travelodge.co.uk/.
Old 07-11-2022, 10:24 AM
Default Pushing the Limit

Quote:
You're pushing the cost limit on a hotel in a decent and convenient area. London is very expensive.

We've had good luck with the Radisson Blu chain. There are two on Oxford St, one near Marble Arch and the other near Selfridge's. Both are convenient to the Underground and buses.

There is third at Covent Garden, which is part of the theater district.

In our experience, their hotels are very accommodating. For example, on our last trip, our flight from Atlanta was cancelled and we arrived a day late. The hotel did not charge for the night we missed, even though we had pre-paid.

My former law partner turned us on to the Blu's. He has been a frequent visitor to London over many years and has stayed at a wide range of hotels, both of quality and price. He considers the Blu's to be the best hotels for all of location, price, and quality.

All the Blu's are newly remodeled. The rooms are small, but have high quality furniture and appointments. Each has a restaurant. Their prices are kept low by having few extras-no gym, conference room, large lobby etc.
Old 07-11-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
The Thistle Hotel, Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens 104 Bayswater Road. Great location and reasonably priced, sometimes including a full English breakfast. Also offers sign ups for day excursions to Windsor Castle, Stratford Upon Avon, etc. We've stayed there twice Very centrally located and spotless.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:11 PM
Default As the line in the movie 'Taken'...

"Good Luck"
Old 07-11-2022, 04:15 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

If your going to London you should be out and about. The hotel only needs to be clean with a good bed.
Old 07-11-2022, 05:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
If your going to London you should be out and about. The hotel only needs to be clean with a good bed.
Earls Court is a popular area for such hotels - good transport links, too
Old 07-11-2022, 08:26 PM

Premier Inns are very nice and reasonable , I just spent 3 days in the premier hub at tower hill

3 night 354.00 and that was with adding a continental breakfast for all 3 days for the 2 of us
Closed Thread

Tags
london, hotel, night, advance, equivalent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.