Man forcibly dragged off plane after refusing to give up seat to United employee

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2017, 10:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Has anyone else seen this story? I cannot believe United can get away with this treatment of a passenger. They physically pulled him out of his seat and dragged him by his ankles off the plane! There is a video online that is very disturbing. I imagine his lawsuit will be substantial.

He said he was a doctor and had to get back to his patients. Supposedly he was allowed back on the plane with blood on his face. What on earth is going on in this world of ours - have we all gone crazy?

Just recently someone mentioned flying to Australia on United and I suggested they look for another flight.
It was incredible how short sighted United was in this instance. As I understand it United offered up to $800 for volunteers. There were no takers. United could have offered more, all the way up to $1300 but did not. The drive to where the plane was going was only 290 miles. The flight crew was not needed until the next day. Why would you throw paying passengers off a plane to move your own employees when they could have driven? I will never fly this airline again.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

Allegiant does not over book.....
Old 04-11-2017, 10:15 AM
Veteran member

There is absolutely no reason to over book flights. Airlines should treat flights just like cruise lines treat cabins. You bought it, its yours. If you don't show up, tough luck unless you buy insurance. Then this does not happen. If you need to move a flight crew then those seats do not get sold. This is all about greed by the airlines and enough stroke in Washington to make it happen. So the little guy takes the beating. Vote with your wallet and his changes!
Old 04-11-2017, 10:57 AM

Not following legal instructions by the flight crew is cause for consequences. Flying is a priveledge, not a right. Hooray for United.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by baustgen View Post
Not following legal instructions by the flight crew is cause for consequences. Flying is a priveledge, not a right. Hooray for United.
I agree. There has to be more to the story than this. When a person of authority asks you to leave, I think you should leave.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:54 AM

for United..United bumped.0004..%of it's passagers last year, that is a great record. .And for all of the people who say sue ..Shows how much you know...airlines do a great job and for all of you people who fly up north for $100 and complain ...And think the airline should kiss your ---nothing to stop you from driving... Read the airline rules and their rights before make statements. As for the person who supposedly is a doctor and was chosen because he was Chinese. I would not care if you were the Pope. When a person on authority tell you to get off.......Get off.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:57 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

More details of the doctor are coming out.............trading drugs for sex.

What will we learn tomorrow???

Old 04-11-2017, 01:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
More details of the doctor are coming out.............trading drugs for sex.

What will we learn tomorrow???

Say WHAT? The fellow who was dragged out? He is a slimy soul? How'd they know? Who knew? How did they know?

Come on kiddo... tell us more.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:41 PM
Sage

Obviously I can't verify, but I can share what is being reported...................

According to documents filed with the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure, Dao was arrested in 2003 on the drug-related offenses following an undercover investigation.

The board’s probe into the criminal charges found that Dao became sexually interested in a male patient, Brian Case, whom he gave a physical examination to, including a genital examination, and whom he eventually made his office manager.

Case quit that job due to “inappropriate” remarks made by Dao, who then pursued him and arranged to give him prescription drugs in exchange for sexual acts, according to the documents, filed last year.

In 2004, Dao was convicted on a slew of felony counts of obtaining drugs by fraud or deceit and was later placed on five years of supervised probation, the Louisville Courier-Journal reported.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Sage

///

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-13-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
United passenger traded drugs for gay sex with patient | Daily Mail Online

I am not sure of the Daily Mail Online. I am sure of Reuters...I will see what they say.

Wow..............if I read that article correctly, the Drugs for Sex doctor assaulted / attempted to assault the police officer. That's a whole new arena of law......Newton's Third Law.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Wow..............if I read that article correctly, the Drugs for Sex doctor assaulted / attempted to assault the police officer. That's a whole new arena of law......Newton's Third Law.
I try to find valid and believable sources for news and never am really sure of who and what to trust. I quoted a local Fox affiliate, after I removed the source I had quoted before, above.

WHO KNOWS? One title on the MSN "My FEED" said;

"Did they remove Doctor because he was Asian?" I thought that wasn't likely. I hate that you can't trust many news sources anymore.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
It really doesn't work that way and I have seen hotels do it also. The airlines know, statistically, how many "no shows" they will have. Overbooking is a way to decrease the number of empty seats. They fully intend to get you to your destination. When it is done correctly, everybody wins, and is happy. In the small percentage of cases where they actually need people to give up their seats, they compensate them, and rebook them on the next available flight. It is best done by getting volunteers, who are usually overjoyed to give up their seats in exchange for compensation.
You can spin it however you want, but in the end there is no guarantee you will get what you paid for. I can attest, as one who has been severely disrupted by this overbooking process. Money isn't everything. You book a flight and pay for it. You book a certain time and destination. It is not guaranteed to be delivered. Overbooking is wrong.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:29 PM
Sage

Overbooking is a policy that needs to be addressed. And yet, if we buy a ticket but can't use it at the designated time, we are severely penalized by most airlines.

There is no excuse for an airline not having plans on how to move flight crews to the right place at the right time. They have the data they need to accomplish this, and it should have been handled at the gate, not after boarding.

Last edited by Carla B; 04-11-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
None of this would have happened if the passenger agreed to get off when ordered even if he was right. After all he could have been a terrorist, who knows?
Bull he got bumped because they needed to fly 4 employees. All they had to do is offer fair compensation and they would have had 4 willing volunteers. I'm sorry but if your butt is seated on the plane, it is a United problem and not the passenger. Glad they took a billion dollar bath today.

Last edited by joldnol; 04-11-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
united, plane, dragged, seat, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.