Orlando airport

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2020, 10:58 PM
Sage
Default Orlando airport

We will be traveling soon and wonder if anyone can tell us what to expect at the airport? Is it busy? Are there any food vendors open? Is it still necessary to get there 2 hours ahead? Thanks in advance....😊
Old 12-16-2020, 06:21 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

A friend flew out last week, not crowded, not sure about the vendors. Only different thing she commented on was they took your temperature before you were let on the plane.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:17 AM

We flew out of Orlando last Saturday the 12th. Impressed airport was really clean. Masks are required at all times except while eating or drinking. Starbucks is open and Burger King is open where we were. Also the small stores that sell candy, magazines, etc are open. Not crowded anywhere.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:11 AM
Sage

Thank you
Old 12-16-2020, 09:26 AM

The airport isn't very crowded. Most vendors are open. Depending on the airline, you might not get any service on the plane so consider bringing water onboard if its a long flight.
Old 12-16-2020, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,419 Times in 2,268 Posts

We just flew out of there this morning. It was a typical trip. Certainly not crowded. We had a 7:00am flight though. We flew Alaska Airlines. No line to check our bags. We have TSA Pre-check. No line at all going through security.

We left The Villages at 4:00am. Due to the Turnpike being closed we arrived at the car rental return at 5:20 and that was after getting gas. We were at our gate before 6:00. Most vendors were open at that time.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-17-2020, 06:08 AM

I would expect it will be much busier the next couple of weeks.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:36 AM

I flew on Tuesday morning. Absolutely no problem at all ! Vendors are open .
Old 12-17-2020, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
We will be traveling soon and wonder if anyone can tell us what to expect at the airport? Is it busy? Are there any food vendors open? Is it still necessary to get there 2 hours ahead? Thanks in advance....😊
No food vendors opened. A friend was just at Orlando?????
Old 12-17-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
We flew out Wednesday. Plenty of food choices. We ate at Outback. They have a short menu. Burgers, two types of chicken sandwiches and chicken fingers. Good size portions all with fries. The staff was great and the food came out fast.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,419 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIE2049 View Post
No food vendors opened. A friend was just at Orlando?????
They were open in Terminal A. I got a Sausage McGriddle before 6:00am..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-17-2020, 03:48 PM

Everything is pretty normal. All must wear a mask. Food places are open. Safe travels.
Old 12-17-2020, 05:40 PM

I picked up our daughter & grandchildren. Things were not as crowded as usual. I drove both ways in the rain, which was not fun.
Once she landed it was about 20 minutes for the bags then into my car.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:15 PM

I flew on Monday.. not crowded, food vendors open, wore mask entire time and on shuttle
Old 12-21-2020, 07:58 PM
Sage
Default Orlando Airport Update

I had recently made a post asking if Orlando Airport was busy and what vendors were open and many of you kindly responded. I have since taken my trip and have returned. Here is what I observed......

They say per CDC, masks should be worn at all times while in the airport, so we wore masks. The airport was not busy. TSA was an easy do and we didn’t have to wait in lines to get through.....just 1-2 people ahead of us....we got at the airport at 12:15 for a 2:00 pm flight.

There were food vendors open, some have shut down. We found the selection enough to satisfy our needs. While eating, we were able to take our masks off. Some people were sitting in areas with few people in them and had their masks off.

We flew South West. They didn’t have people line up as they usually do when waiting to board. They called people up 5-10 at a time. We were instructed to wear our masks throughout the flight. They did serve ice water and a package of snacks. We took our masks off to eat and drink, and after we finished we put them back on. Our flight out of Orlando to Raleigh, NC had 86 people on it. We were spaced out more than adequately.

On the return trip to Orlando, our plane had more people...I’d say 100-120. That still left the middle seats open and some rows had nobody in them. They flight crew told us that if the middle seat was needed, we were to use if needed. At this busier time, South West does not leave the middle seat open as they did earlier with Covid. The return flight crew told us they were serving light snacks and asked us to put our masks back on in between bites. For us, that was ridiculous, so we kept our masks off for the duration of eating our snacks......nobody said anything.

I must say that with all of the precautions taken when loading and seating, it basically did no good because when deplaning, everyone was once again on top of each other. Makes no sense to follow all of those precautions and then everyone get with inches of each other to get off the plane...🤷*♀️

Also, when reading getting on South West’s website, they say they spray disinfectant and anti-microbial spray on every surface, every night. That procedure only benefits the first flight out. After that, nothing is wiped down. If you fly that afternoon, you really don’t benefit from the cleaning done the night before, as by then hundreds of people have already flown. So, I continue to bring Lysol wipes and wipe down everything from the seat to the air flow vents. Don’t be misled by thinking they spray and disinfect after each flight....they don’t. With that said, I appreciate the fact that they are taking extra precautions with a Covid. We felt comfortable flying and will most likely fly again in the Spring. Hopefully this helped you with your flight plans or with your decision to fly or not.
Closed Thread

Tags
airport, ahead, hours, open, vendors

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.