Possible new international travel rules regarding Covid-19 testing

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2021, 11:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts
Default Possible new international travel rules regarding Covid-19 testing

I got this from The Washington Post.

"The Biden administration is preparing stricter testing requirements for all travelers entering the United States, including returning Americans, to curb the spread of the potentially dangerous omicron variant, according to three federal health officials.

As part of an enhanced winter covid strategy Biden is expected to announce Thursday, U.S. officials would require everyone entering the country to be tested ​one day before boarding flights, regardless of their vaccination status or country of departure. Administration officials are also considering a requirement that all travelers get retested within three to five days of arrival.

In addition, they are debating a controversial proposal to require all travelers, including U.S. citizens, to self-quarantine for seven days, even if their test results are negative. Those who flout the requirements might be subject to fines and penalties, the first time such penalties would be linked to testing and quarantine measures for travelers in the United States.​"​
Old 12-01-2021, 07:18 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

What we need is for everyone to finally, possibly, maybe take this seriously. At the beginning it started with ONE case identified in Seattle 2020, 22 months later we’re still in this predicament.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

Don't be caught without toilet paper this Christmas.
Stock up now if down to last 100 rolls!
Old 12-01-2021, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,247 Times in 4,282 Posts

Just via flights?

-Tom Petty
Old 12-01-2021, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
What we need is for everyone to finally, possibly, maybe take this seriously. At the beginning it started with ONE case identified in Seattle 2020, 22 months later we’re still in this predicament.
It ALWAYS starts with one case (patient zero), even the black death. The difference is that we have a proven way to mitigate the spread of this virus, yet 100 million adult Americans refuse to get vaccinated.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

This is why I’m going to travel the USA and see things I haven’t seen yet. Went to the Grand Canyon, will go to see Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, etc etc. There are plenty of things to see without leaving the US. I want to make sure I can get back home if I travel.

All I can think of right now is “what if I go overseas and I am stuck there?” I’ve gotten both Moderna vaccines plus the booster. Hard to make plans now, anyway.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,657 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
I beg to differ. What we finally need to do is to abandon assuming the fetal position under the nearest bed every time a news article mentions COVID.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
I got this from The Washington Post.

"The Biden administration is preparing stricter testing requirements for all travelers entering the United States, including returning Americans, to curb the spread of the potentially dangerous omicron variant, according to three federal health officials.

As part of an enhanced winter covid strategy Biden is expected to announce Thursday, U.S. officials would require everyone entering the country to be tested ​one day before boarding flights, regardless of their vaccination status or country of departure. Administration officials are also considering a requirement that all travelers get retested within three to five days of arrival.

In addition, they are debating a controversial proposal to require all travelers, including U.S. citizens, to self-quarantine for seven days, even if their test results are negative. Those who flout the requirements might be subject to fines and penalties, the first time such penalties would be linked to testing and quarantine measures for travelers in the United States.​"​
Seems a bit Draconian, so it makes me wonder what "they" know that hasn't been made public
Old 12-01-2021, 08:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
It ALWAYS starts with one case (patient zero), even the black death. The difference is that we have a proven way to mitigate the spread of this virus, yet 100 million adult Americans refuse to get vaccinated.
“Moderna’s CEO predicted Tuesday that existing coronavirus vaccines would be much less effective at combating omicron compared with previous COVID-19 variants” (Seattle Times)

“ The Omi*cron vari*ant of the Covid-19 virus could lead to more in*fec*tions among vac*ci*nated peo*ple, ac*cord*ing to sev*eral sci*en*tists, but some said there were rea*sons to be*lieve the shots would pro*tect against se*vere dis*ease.” (Wall Street Journal)
Old 12-01-2021, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Nothing to see here. What else is new? Just more attempt to cause hysteria and take more control. Even Fauci said the new version seems to be milder than the old and less dangerous. If anything, this is too little and too late.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
“Moderna’s CEO predicted Tuesday that existing coronavirus vaccines would be much less effective at combating omicron compared with previous COVID-19 variants” (Seattle Times)

The Omi*cron vari*ant of the Covid-19 virus could lead to more in*fec*tions among vac*ci*nated peo*ple, ac*cord*ing to sev*eral sci*en*tists, but some said there were rea*sons to be*lieve the shots would pro*tect against se*vere dis*ease.” (Wall Street Journal)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post

Nothing to see here. What else is new? Just more attempt to cause hysteria and take more control. Even Fauci said the new version seems to be milder than the old and less dangerous. If anything, this is too little and too late.
So once again, who should we believe?
Search the internet and you'll find some citation that supports your individual beliefs, no matter how bizarre they might be.
Meanwhile, I like the opinion of the taxi driver with an IQ of 70 that the TV news interviewed. He was of the opinion that by the time they identified a new variant and put travel restrictions in place, the genie was already out of the bottle. How right he is!!!!!
Old 12-01-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post

“ The Omi*cron vari*ant of the Covid-19 virus could lead to more in*fec*tions among vac*ci*nated peo*ple, ac*cord*ing to sev*eral sci*en*tists, but some said there were rea*sons to be*lieve the shots would pro*tect against se*vere dis*ease.” (Wall Street Journal)
What's with all the "*"s? Anyway, remember, these drug companies are making billions upon billions off this pandemic. It is in their interest for a new variant to require something in addition to what is currently available. I'm not saying they are outright lying but ... they might be.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post

Is it a coincidence that Omicron is announced right after the biggest travel time of the year since before the pandemic, reinstated sports venues, back to normal dining, thousands of cruise passengers weekly, etc......without a major break out of any kind what so ever!

The agenda? My guess....keep the majority scared, dependent and constrained as possible.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Seems a bit Draconian, so it makes me wonder what "they" know that hasn't been made public
In my opinion this proposed action is a trial balloon aimed at states such as New York, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, etc. It means little or nothing in states where COVID (in whatever variant) is in wholesale retreat.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
So once again, who should we believe?
Search the internet and you'll find some citation that supports your individual beliefs, no matter how bizarre they might be.
Meanwhile, I like the opinion of the taxi driver with an IQ of 70 that the TV news interviewed. He was of the opinion that by the time they identified a new variant and put travel restrictions in place, the genie was already out of the bottle. How right he is!!!!!
Who should we believe?

Saw the Doc yesterday as a follow-up to my physical exam three weeks ago. He verified that I had antibodies from both my bout with COVID as well as from the vaccinations I had this past June. He said that the antibodies I had from the actual bout with COVID were by far the more powerful, and that "you could go to Africa now and let people breathe on you and be perfectly safe".
Closed Thread

Tags
travelers, officials, testing, u.s, days

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.