Private Tour Barcelona, Spain

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2015, 05:44 AM
Location: Brockton-Halifax-Marshfield, MA, Jacksonville, FL, Arlington, TX, Village of Fernandina
Smile Private Tour Barcelona, Spain

I'm looking to take a Private Tour with 4 people in Barcelona, Spain. Has anyone used a Great Private Tour company there? Or a great Local Tour Guide?

Thanks for your help!!!
Old 07-30-2015, 11:12 AM

Great reviews for 'Barcelona Day Tours' on TripAdvisor website. Hope this helps.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:35 AM
Sage

Here's an interesting Rick Steves audio on Barcelona

https://soundcloud.com/rick-steves-a...o-europe-spain

He is questioning 2 local tour guides and you may be able to hire one of them. I'm a big Rick Steves fan. When we went to Spain and Italy I followed his advice for everything including where to stay. I saved money by sometimes using his audio tours stored on my smart phone wearing headphones.

try this too
https://www.ricksteves.com/europe/spain/barcelona
Old 07-30-2015, 12:32 PM
Sage

We found Rick Steves' "Pocket Barcelona" invaluable in pointing out the sights to see, how to get there and the cost. It's a small book you can easily carry with you. Even if you hire a guide you could preview what Barcelona offers in this little book so that you know what you want to see.

Some sights are easy to see on your own, such as "Sagrada Familia". You must purchase tickets for a timed opening in advance to avoid standing in line for hours. I tried to buy the tickets on line from home on the Sagrada official website but couldn't get the credit card to go through from here. However, it was no problem getting them through the hotel when we arrived. I think they have guides at the Basilica you can hire but we just got the audio guide. Once inside, you can stay as long as you want and photograph as much as you wish.

We got around by foot and metro. It is a very walkable city and the metro and bus systems are efficient and cheap. Don't miss the market hall, "Boqueria." It's another place you won't need a guide. We went at lunch time and had tapas and a beer.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:23 AM
Sage

check out whether there is a Sandeman's Free Walking tour in Barcelona...i had a great one in amsterdam and they are in several cities...of course one gives a tip to the guide in relation to how much you enjoy the tour.

Tags
tour, private, spain, barcelona, great, company, local, guide, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.