Question for Vietnam vets

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2014, 12:07 AM
Default Question for Vietnam vets

My BFF and I are planning on a trip this winter. She has mentioned going to Vietnam. It seems everyday I see vets proudly displaying their service on hats, t-shirts and license plates. So I want to ask a question

Is it insensitive to think about tourist travel to Vietnam? How do you feel about it. I don't ever want to offend anyone.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:02 AM

445 Tips on Vietnam Warnings or Dangers - Stay Safe!

Travel there should not offend anyone....unlike Amazing Race having a show at the remains of a B-52 that went down.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...g-hanoi-430627
Old 02-06-2014, 09:28 AM

I want to visit there too, but my husband said no. He spent too much time there in the 60's and will never go back.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:06 AM

We would be on a Cambodian tour and only a short part is in Vietnam. I have the greatest respect for our men and women in uniform and would never consider this if the response was negative. Thank you for your service.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:43 AM

Go, enjoy the country and the people. As a Vietnam vet, I would never go back despite the wonderful peasants outside of the cities that I worked with. I provided medical assistance to villages that had few men and boys, but lots of women and their children who experienced hardships that are incomprehensible to most Americans. They always had a smile for me and occasionally gave me gifts of their last possessions. I don't know a Vietnam vet who would think you as insensitive because of your travel dreams.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:15 PM

I have a friend who is married to a lovely Vietnamese and are actually in Vietnam as I write this. His wife is from a small village ( Cu Chi ) outside of Saigon ( Ho Chi Minh ). My friend normally stays in Nha Trang..N East of Saigon and is it is beautiful with white sandy beaches.

I happened to be stationed there, Can Tho, 68/69 Binh Thuy AFB, located in the Mekong Delta, and would really love to go back. It is a beautiful country and well worth visiting, also very inexpensive.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.