Royal Caribbean Refund

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2022, 10:29 AM
Default Refund

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybuckle View Post
Back in March 2020 we had our cruise cancelled because of Covid. We tried to get a refund instead of a “future cruise credit”. They.said no so we have a fcc that expires dec 2022. We have decided not to cruise because of health and Covid issues. Has anyone got a refund after RC issued them a fcc and how did you do it- we’re not having any luck
Yes, my son got a refund after screaming at a manager. He insisted on a refund not a future cruise credit. Be persistent.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:00 AM

Went on a cruise a few weeks ago the ship was half full it was great
Old 01-08-2022, 01:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Back in March 2020 we had our cruise cancelled because of Covid. We tried to get a refund instead of a “future cruise credit”. They.said no so we have a fcc that expires dec 2022. We have decided not to cruise because of health and Covid issues. Has anyone got a refund after RC issued them a fcc and how did you do it- we’re not having any luck
When you say "we had our cruise cancelled" do you mean that RC cancelled that sailing OR that you told your travel agent to cancel the booking?

In March Royal Caribbean was allowing people to cancel bookings and receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the actual amount OR 125% of that amount. If the cruise line cancelled the sailing you could get a refund (or, frequently, a 125% FCC).

In any case, once a passenger accepts a FCC there is no going back and asking for a refund. I have not heard of anyone being successful in such a request and would be shocked if they agreed to do it for you.

Good luck.

kathy
Old 01-08-2022, 02:43 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

and the answer is??????? what did mr. buckle do????
Old 01-08-2022, 03:40 PM

...my wife and me....
Old 01-08-2022, 05:16 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob85 View Post
I am not sure but Seniors V Crime might be able to help
No crime No smoking gun No Fraud
Old 01-08-2022, 06:36 PM
Default RC

Quote:
Yes, we were refunded our money in full. They (Royal Caribbean) wouldn’t work with us at all. Contacted the executive offices and they got us our refund.
Old 01-08-2022, 09:01 PM

We also had cruise with royal Carribean same time and situation our agent told us we must wait until the cruise line canceled the trip so we did and got full refunds only people with the insurance did not get insurance money back but still got refund
Old 01-09-2022, 01:48 AM
Default FCC versus cash refund

I have had a similar situation. I had trip insurance and did not have to go because the country we were going to travel to was level "red" on the State Department website. The cruise line wanted to give me a FCC and I said "NO". You do not have to accept FCC. If you take it then you can't file for a claim through either your credit card company or your trip insurance. We did get money back but it was through travel insurance not through the cruise line. I had to send them a letter in writing saying we would not accept the FCC and they withdrew it which allowed me to file a claim with my trip insurance.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:42 AM
Default Truly Sad

What's truly sad about this situation and many more regarding refunds is these corporations are allowed to do this. This is in fact an interest free loan you've given RC who in turn invests your money to make more.

Congress does nothing to protect us citizens by not writing a law requiring a reasonable time to refund a customer regardless what the purchase. Many companies drag their feet refunding us while holding our money interest free to invest it interest free!

Sad this is one of many stories where this continues while nothing is done.
Old 01-09-2022, 09:21 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbozoki@gmail.com View Post
What's truly sad about this situation and many more regarding refunds is these corporations are allowed to do this. This is in fact an interest free loan you've given RC who in turn invests your money to make more. Congress does nothing to protect us citizens by not writing a law requiring a reasonable time to refund a customer regardless what the purchase. Many companies drag their feet refunding us while holding our money interest free to invest it interest free!Sad this is one of many stories where this continues while nothing is done.
More regulation, More government, More taxes...............no thanks.
Not a solution.
Old 01-09-2022, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,307 Times in 2,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbozoki@gmail.com View Post
What's truly sad about this situation and many more regarding refunds is these corporations are allowed to do this. This is in fact an interest free loan you've given RC who in turn invests your money to make more.

Congress does nothing to protect us citizens by not writing a law requiring a reasonable time to refund a customer regardless what the purchase. Many companies drag their feet refunding us while holding our money interest free to invest it interest free!

Sad this is one of many stories where this continues while nothing is done.
Sure, then I can make a reservation for every week of the year and simply cancel those I don't want to take. (not much difference between 0.05% in the bank and 0% as a deposit)

Of course, this will make rooms harder to find and more expensive since late cancellations will result in sailing with empty rooms.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-09-2022, 10:45 AM

Qe canceled our Carnival cruise last year 1 week before Carnival canceled everything. It took about 6 weeks but we were refunded everything. They just weren't in any hurry.
Old 01-09-2022, 11:56 AM

Quote:
My wife was diagnosed cancer 3 days before the cruise and there was no refund.
Closed Thread

Tags
refund, cruise, fcc, covid, health

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.