Christmas Day at Disney????

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2015, 10:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Christmas Day at Disney????

Thinking of doing a family Christmas at Disney. Adults and older teens. Anyone done this, would you recommend. Does Disney do a spectacular Christmas with loads of decorations through the streets. Thinking of bringing the family to TV, then spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at Disney, sending them all home the day after.

Thoughts and suggestions please.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

It is spectacular, but don't expect to get on many rides. Except for your three Fast passes, you'll wait in line for an hour and a half for almost every ride.

Park opens at 9:00 and closes at 11:00. That gives you 13 hours. If you spend a half hour waiting for your three fast pass rides that gives you 11-1/2 hours for the rest of them. That means that you could get on seven more rides IF and you'll notice that that is a very big if. You didn't have to spend any time walking between rides and you don't stop for lunch or dinner.

If you are very lucky and get on five additional rides, which by the way last somewhere around a minute to a minute and a half, you'll be spending about nine of your thirteen hours waiting in line.

Like I said, it is spectacular to look at, but not how I'd want to spend my Christmas. I suppose for families that are going to make a once in a lifetime trip, it might be OK, but for those of us that live an hour away I can't see it.

I love Disney, but the last few times I was there, I was beginning to become a bit disenchanted with it. I'm hoping that you will eventually be able to put your entire day on Fast Pass. In other words, you'd have a reservation for every ride that you want to go on in advance and only wait 15-30 minutes for each ride. You would have your entire day planed out.That way they could limit the number of people in line at any one time for every ride.

Just my very humble opinion.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:08 AM
Sage

Wear your snow boots. It snows in Disney on Christmas.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:13 AM
Platinum member

Busiest day of the year. I know I wouldn't go over Christmas. 🎅
Old 02-14-2015, 11:56 AM
Send a message via AIM to Mickedamouse24
Thumbs down

Would not recommend it. Magic Kingdom on Christmas day is a mad house and to the point where it is actually dangerous with the amount of people inside the park. Traffic jams miles long and closing and unclosing of the park to egress and ingress visitors is only a few of the situations you will encounter!!! Not a fun place to be!!!!
Old 02-14-2015, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

These people make more than enough money. Why don't they limit the number of visitors so everyone could enjoy the rides instead of stand in line all day?
Old 02-14-2015, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

My thanks to everyone for their input on Disney at Christmas time. We will probably stay right here and look for things to do either inside, or just outside TV. Appreciate everyone taking the time to give their comments. That is what makes this site great and of so much use to all who visit!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-14-2015, 03:06 PM
Sage

That does sound like fun, especially if you stay in a Disney hotel that uses the monorail. Pack light, get to the hotel by 7:30am, check-in knowing you won't see the room until much later], buy the tix ahead of time, eat breakfast/brunch in the park, and see what you can. Everyone has cell phones so you won't get separated. Let the kids explore and the adults can just take in all the excitement.
I wouldn't give up so easily.

If you are a budget but you like thinking outside the envelope maybe you could rent a motor home and a disney campsite for $130 for the night. No matter what happens, you'll remember Christmas.

check it out
Old 02-14-2015, 04:40 PM

Worked for Disney for 11 years. Christmas Day is the BUSIEST day of the year for all the parks.....Magic Kingdom closed and full to capacity by 9AM
Old 02-14-2015, 05:00 PM
Gold member

get there early because they limit capacity and sometimes close the parks...
Old 02-15-2015, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

It's always a magical time. Been there Christmas week, yep busy, but we had a good time.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:41 PM
Gold member

If you can manage it the week before Christmas is a great time to go. All decorations up, holiday spirit everywhere. Only thing missing is the standing in hour long lines! Yes, it's a little crowded but you can pretty much do and see everything comfortably especially if you stay on property. Christmas and also New Year's Day the park usually fills to capacity by 9 am. Sometimes it also depends what day of the week the holiday falls.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.