Summer Rental Help

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2017, 01:29 PM
Sage
Default Summer Rental Help

My wife and I want to explore the possibility of at least portions of the summer living elsewhere. We're not interested in being true snow-birds...owning a second home or anything like that. We would like to rent somewhere for anywhere from one to three or four months. We're not interested in a house-swap. (Although we might be interested in house-sitting, if anybody has any experience with that.)

We live in TV and would like to spend some summer time a bit north, ideally in or near the mountains and within reasonable reach of a bit of civilization for shopping and change of pace occasion. Eastern US would be good, but we'd also consider Rocky Mountain, Yellowstone, all those sorts of areas. We'd at least look at almost anything in the continental US.

Anyway, can anybody recommend such a place, or a service to help us out? Possibly a realtor? Travel agent? Something else?

All input considered. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Polar Bear; 09-12-2017 at 02:47 PM. Reason: A little more detail.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
My wife and I want to explore the possibility of at least portions of the summer living elsewhere. We're not interested in being true snow-birds...owning a second home or anything like that. We would like to rent somewhere for anywhere from one to three or four months. We're not interested in a house-swap. (Although we might be interested in house-sitting, if anybody has any experience with that.)

Anyway, can anybody recommend a service to help us out? Possibly a realtor? Travel agent? Something else?

All input considered. Thanks in advance.
Airbnb does house rentals, check them out.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:39 PM

Sent you a PM about my Pocono Mountain Chalet in the Big Bass lake gated Community in eastern Pennsylvania. Would do a 1 month rental next summer - perhaps as long as 6 weeks. Dates are flexible. Anytime between June 1st and September 15th.

Mark
Old 09-12-2017, 05:11 PM

Long Beach Island on the NJ shore is a beautiful place to rent. It is a quiet family oriented beach/bay town on a barrier island on the Jersey Shore. The beaches are clean and safe. The restaurants have various cuisines and are excellent. Safe, well maintained community. Check it out. I grew up on LBI, but live in TV and NJ now.
Vacation Rentals LBI | Vacation Rentals Long Beach Island | VRLBI
Old 09-20-2017, 12:26 AM

Hi, not sure if you thought of this but we just spent a month in Clearwater, and it was great, we are now headed to West Mt Airy (just outside of Philly) there is the Wissahickon it's a nice trail in the mountains Valley, we are leaving tomorrow for 6 weeks, we go thru this young lady, who runs these houses for the owners, they have several houses around the u.s we rented their place in Marabella Spain first with my two sons and their families low cost, nice houses, there usually just your bedroom, bathroom,living room, dining room,

Last edited by kellie9533; 09-20-2017 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:41 PM

Would you please give me the name and phone number of the young lady who handles your arrangements. Would like to try a few weeks away from TV this summer.

Thanks,

Tina
Old 01-09-2018, 12:27 PM
Sage

there are many sites which rent homes for vacation: **** VacationRentals by Owner, Airbnb which i don't like as much, and Trip Advisor which has many of the same listings. hope you find a happy place ****

Tags
interested, summer, house-swap, experience, advance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.